• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Klein Spurs- what pads?

wannabe

So I lucked up and found a set of kleins on the cheap. They have some worn out L pads on them.

Does anyone know if the cast aluminum "cadillac" pads will fit them? mine are the adjustable length variety.

So I lucked up and found a set of kleins on the cheap. They have some worn out L pads on them.

Does anyone know if the cast aluminum "cadillac" pads will fit them? mine are the adjustable length variety.
They will fit, but i would assume they'd be very noisy. I would get super climber pads by weaver.

WesSpur has the cast aluminum pads for Klein spurs: the upper sleeves are different among spur manufacturers. If you order from them, add a “K” after the part number for Klein’s (SPU708-K) for the Regular width or (SPU707-K) for the narrow width.
I use the Weaver Rigid Shin Cup pads on my old Klien’s. They have a steel insert you can bend to custom shape it for a better fit to your leg and are inexpensive. Take the sleeve off, wrap electrical tape on the shank, insert shank into the sleeve (to your length) and lock-tight the bolts. Wrap electrical tape around the top of sleeve where it contacts the steel insert or the aluminum pad. Wrap parachute cord around the split rings and through the hole in the shank for the foot straps. Run a short piece of cord through the buckle roller, melt the ends to keep cord in place if using the stock straps. They won’t make any noise.

I’m just too attached to my old steel Kliens and prefer them to others I’ve used.
I think you’ll like them!

WesSpur has the cast aluminum pads for Klein spurs: the upper sleeves are different among spur manufacturers. If you order from them, add a “K” after the part number for Klein’s (SPU708-K) for the Regular width or (SPU707-K) for the narrow width.
I use the Weaver Rigid Shin Cup pads on my old Klien’s. They have a steel insert you can bend to custom shape it for a better fit to your leg and are inexpensive. Take the sleeve off, wrap electrical tape on the shank, insert shank into the sleeve (to your length) and lock-tight the bolts. Wrap electrical tape around the top of sleeve where it contacts the steel insert or the aluminum pad. Wrap parachute cord around the split rings and through the hole in the shank for the foot straps. Run a short piece of cord through the buckle roller, melt the ends to keep cord in place if using the stock straps. They won’t make any noise.

I’m just too attached to my old steel Kliens and prefer them to others I’ve used.
I think you’ll like them!

Cool thank you for the insight! you got any pics of the paracord wrap on yours? I was planning to do the same. Great idea on the buckle roller, I was hoping to be able to silence the stock straps, I just don't have a bunch of time to spend on mods right now, rather be scouting or with my little girl.

Cool thank you for the insight! you got any pics of the paracord wrap on yours? I was planning to do the same. Great idea on the buckle roller, I was hoping to be able to silence the stock straps, I just don't have a bunch of time to spend on mods right now, rather be scouting or with my little girl.
Got the buckle roller cord idea from Flinginairos, a very creative guy willing to share with the rest of us (thanks F!) I put fresh camo tape on the spurs before hunting. I put a layer of camper foam tape on the bottom of the stirrup, then wrap camo tape over it to avoid metal to metal contact with platform or stand.

Attachments

• F1BC3EC2-0315-466A-AC19-7633E4DC36AA.jpeg
    F1BC3EC2-0315-466A-AC19-7633E4DC36AA.jpeg
    66 KB · Views: 46
  • DA96E453-7022-4CDF-893D-8E37D0EC9A53.jpeg
    DA96E453-7022-4CDF-893D-8E37D0EC9A53.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 43
  • F39D872C-42A4-47D1-9664-485F31DBAB19.jpeg
    F39D872C-42A4-47D1-9664-485F31DBAB19.jpeg
    285.3 KB · Views: 45
Thanks!

I’ve got my xop seat platform wrapped with paracord to eliminate noise. I haven’t had time to practice transitioning to the platform with spurs yet to see if i need to do something on the spurs or not.
I prefer paracord wrap instead of stealth strips or camo tape because the cord is usable in an emergency situation and isn’t depending on adhesive which will eventually fail imo.

You’ve got me thinking of getting those shin cup pads they look less bulky than the cast aluminum ones

The Shin Cup pads (1.9 lbs/ pair)fit tighter on the upper sleeve than the aluminum Cadillac pads (1.8 lbs/ pair). Think Shin cups were $48/pair and the Cadillacs about twice that at WesSpur. Whatever you go with, be sure to tell tell them you are mounting the pads on Kliens so you get right ones!

Awesome info thanks again.

My kleins are blue and have some other small differences from yours. Found them at a consignment store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back