• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kong Slyde

rabidd099

Anybody ever use a kong slyde for any purpose? Looks like you could use it for all kinds of rope adjustment needs; tethers, lineman's belts, bridges, etc. they are cheap too like $10 on amazon.

25kn, accepts 9mm-10mm rope
https://www.kong.it/en/2-products/items/f38-aid-climbing/p327-slyde

slyde04.jpg

The simple fact that the device includes the word "slide" concerns me to some degree.

I've thought of using a similar device in the past, and just using an in-line stopper knot of some sort to keep the rope tether at a constant location.

In the end, I was satisfied with a prusik and biner on my rope tether; I am now even more satisfied with a Ropeman on the same setup

Anybody ever use a kong slyde for any purpose? Looks like you could use it for all kinds of rope adjustment needs; tethers, lineman's belts, bridges, etc. they are cheap too like $10 on amazon.

25kn, accepts 9mm-10mm rope
https://www.kong.it/en/2-products/items/f38-aid-climbing/p327-slyde

slyde04.jpg
From the one forum that I read, the ease of adjustment is very dependent on rope diameter. It can be hard to let out line with too fat of rope. I also worry about it sliding a little when you have less pressure on it if you do have the right size rope, would have to experiment. The good thing about the ropeman is that it puts pressure on the carabiner at all times so there is no rattling, but with this it is free floating.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

From the one forum that I read, the ease of adjustment is very dependent on rope diameter. It can be hard to let out line with too fat of rope. I also worry about it sliding a little when you have less pressure on it if you do have the right size rope, would have to experiment. The good thing about the ropeman is that it puts pressure on the carabiner at all times so there is no rattling, but with this it is free floating.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

for the carabiner connection you could put a rubber gasket/o-ring to keep it tight or use a piece of rope since the carabiner isn't required for putting pressure on the rope like the ropeman. the low price tag will have me experimenting with it on of these days.

Back