• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude 2 - Problems and solutions?

BlackpowderGuy (AJHS)

SH Member
Anybody else have a problem with the Lat2 magnets not holding well when dump pouches are attached? I recently switched from a Phantom to the Latitude because I wanted to try a 2-panel saddle. On the Phantom, I ran two dump pouches and three hooks, one on each side and one towards the rear...the hooks were for attaching my sticks and the rear for the platform. I did not exactly realize when I bought it that there is less than half the molle on the Lat because no molle on the lower panel.

In the meantime, I put my dump pouches in the second molle loop on each side and I think it is dislodging the magnets so that the saddle is hard to wear in to the woods and the lower panel keeps deploying unintentionally.

Thoughts or advice?

I sometimes have minor difficulties in getting the magnets to locate properly. It is all me and not the product. Once I get them attached, I have not had them come apart. I had one pouch on my left hip but recently moved it to center back to see if I like it better.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I don’t recall having this problem, I know I moved the pouches further back so they weren’t directly off my 3 and 9 o’clock. Otherwise they kinda covered the front magnets making it hard to secure properly??? I run the platow pack now and attached my dump pouches to the waist belt.

I do recall occasionally the panel would pull down when climbing, like one of my sticks or something would tug it down. That was kinda annoying.

I don't have that problem. Now that I have DIYed functioning leg straps on mine, leg straps being too tight can pull the lower panel off the magnets while walking. So I walk with straps loose and only tighten them when I start the climb. At that point the magnets detach also.

I can't imagine why anyone would want weight hanging off the lower panel though. I'm running sort of roll pouch type organizer on right side that takes 4 molle loops and linemans belt pouch that takes just one on the left. Platform is on a rope loop slightly to the left on the back, I guess I could fit two more sticks on rope loops, first two on the tree from the ground. But I onestick so haven't needed to worry about it.

Thanks, all. I moved the dump pouches slightly further back and that has taken them both a few inches away from the magnets, I suspect that will help some. I will have to see how it works nice time I climb a tree. I find the saddle comfortable, I really like being able to have the upper panel on my lower back and the lower panel cupping my backside...and there is no question that for actually sitting, as opposed to leaning, the Method is so much more comfortable than the Phantom- but also more fiddling for sure.

Back