• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Method Knee Pad Feedback

Crawdaddy4

SH Member
Anyone have experience with the Latitude Method Knee Pads? I’m debating between these and the Tethrd ones (Tethrd currently unavailable).

My previous and current experience is with a miscellaneous lot of various pads from Amazon or Home Depot.

Thanks in advance!

I love my latitude kneepads. I’ve never used the tethrd kneepads but have used a pair of knock off Arc’teryx that the Tethrds are copies of. The latitudes are by far more comfortable to walk in and I imagine have just as much padding.

I bought the latitude knee pads, the little use I have in them has been comfortable. Think they are a keeper.

I've used the latitude a few times to hang cameras/practice one sticking, and one hunt so far. Super comfortable, agreed with prior posters. I think it's odd that they aren't L/R sided so one buckles between your legs, the other on the right side, but as soon as they are on I forget about the buckles. Can't speak to the tethrd ones but I don't think I would buy anything from that company any more personally.

i also use and like latitude knee pads for one sticking. the only other knee pads i've used for saddle hunting are the trophyline ones, which are now my backups. the only minor problem i've had with the latitude knee pads was that i was wearing them while field dressing and the blood was a little hard to get out of them because it gets soaked into the padding, so i just take them off now after being in the tree.

I've used the latitude a few times to hang cameras/practice one sticking, and one hunt so far. Super comfortable, agreed with prior posters. I think it's odd that they aren't L/R sided so one buckles between your legs, the other on the right side, but as soon as they are on I forget about the buckles. Can't speak to the tethrd ones but I don't think I would buy anything from that company any more personally.

Okay… without opening Pandora’s box and derailing the thread, I’ve got to ask “why”? Was it a personal experience or something more general with Tethrd overall?? I’ve personally had good experience and just bought some skeletors.

I resisted knee pads for years but after struggling with cushions I finally purchased some Latitude's. I won't be going back. No hassle, comfortable, quiet, and no more extra straps around the tree.
Knee pads have been one of those things that just look super lame to me so the thought has never cross my mind to try them. The latitude ones look nice. Even though I don’t sit much it is tempting.

Knee pads have been one of those things that just look super lame to me so the thought has never cross my mind to try them. The latitude ones look nice. Even though I don’t sit much it is tempting.
I got to thinking about how much I have to get on my knees these days due to lower back issues and decided to give them a try. When I field dress it is all on my knees and this should really help with that because my knees are getting really old.

I got to thinking about how much I have to get on my knees these days due to lower back issues and decided to give them a try. When I field dress it is all on my knees and this should really help with that because my knees are getting really old.
They've come in handy for me too for field dressing, and for times that I've been still hunting and had to drop down behind cover. Ducking works well for a while but will eventually kill my back. Kneepads allow me to kneel without the pain of the terrain digging into my knees.

I had both for a time and thought the latitudes were way better. I can't stand hard knee pads. They don't conform to the shape of the tree and push my knees to different directions.

I prefer hard shell kneepads.

The latitude ones I felt every bump and divot in the tree bark.

Okay… without opening Pandora’s box and derailing the thread, I’ve got to ask “why”? Was it a personal experience or something more general with Tethrd overall?? I’ve personally had good experience and just bought some skeletors.
Check out the tethrd ONE stick thread. The short answer is high number of recalls, while still trying to push new products out the door. Seems they value $ a bit too much over safety in my opinion. Won't derail further here, back to the knee pads- you didn't ask about these ones but someone else may be wondering, I used trophyline last year/year before they are OK but nowhere near the latitude ones in my opinion, straps are now loose (granted comparing post 2 seasons to post a few days here so latitude ones could stretch too) and the TL don't stay on the knee with "side pressure" as well

I have the Alta Contour 360, which, I believe, are the same as the Latitude knee pads. They have worked well for me, but I have not used any other knee pads.
8b0b09d705740ccfe09d95ab143ccc70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are they really worth 2x the price of trophyline? I've used the "vintage" trophy lines since I started saddling...I like the strap attachment on the originals and not real thrilled with the buckles on new TL.....and dang, those vibram 1s are expensive.....

Are they really worth 2x the price of trophyline? I've used the "vintage" trophy lines since I started saddling...I like the strap attachment on the originals and not real thrilled with the buckles on new TL.....and dang, those vibram 1s are expensive.....
A few sits in to the latitudes after two seasons with the trophylines. I think so but not sure yet, need to give the straps more time to see if they stretch. The latitudes stey in place on the tree and have grip. The trophylines have more cushion so are initially more comfortable, but they spin and slip and are more of a headache. I can't walk in them any more without them falling to my ankles (this is the part where I'm waiting on latitude strap stretch to give a more reasonable comparison after equal time/wear).

A few sits in to the latitudes after two seasons with the trophylines. I think so but not sure yet, need to give the straps more time to see if they stretch. The latitudes stey in place on the tree and have grip. The trophylines have more cushion so are initially more comfortable, but they spin and slip and are more of a headache. I can't walk in them any more without them falling to my ankles (this is the part where I'm waiting on latitude strap stretch to give a more reasonable comparison after equal time/wear).
Almost 4 years with my TL originals and the straps are still good to go but the stitching on the main body is unraveling.....they not gonna last much longer without some speedy stitcher. I wear my kneepads pretty much all day and walk a lot.

Almost 4 years with my TL originals and the straps are still good to go but the stitching on the main body is unraveling.....they not gonna last much longer without some speedy stitcher. I wear my kneepads pretty much all day and walk a lot.

The biggest benefit I’ve found with the Lattitudes is the ability to walk in them comfortably and their grip on the tree. If you don’t have either of those problems then I’d say no. If you have either of those problems is it worth another $35 to fixit?

Back