• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Let me see your most comfortable saddle positions

Zddog

I know there’s some videos out there but I wanted to get everyone’s opinion and pictures of how everyone believes is the most comfortable position in their saddle. I do a combo of sitting and standing and sometimes knees to the side of tree but see there other positions you’ve found comfortable.

c84ad680bcc852d3dc1923c3d4bf1b2e.jpg

Yes that’s still my lineman’s belt on bc sometimes I’m a sissy and like they peace of mind if my tether snaps or ropeman 1 fails I got a backup lol. Depends on the tree if I use it or not bc sometimes on trees that have tougher bark I won’t bc it’s too loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

90% lean for me. My tether actually got progressively longer though throughout my first season as I grew more comfortable. My foot position varies quite a bit shifting weight around.

The other 10% I rest by sitting, either knees against tree or side-sitting. Different trees either one or the other generally seems more comfortable.

Try adding a carabiner to the end of your tether and clip it to one of your saddle sides. Gives extra protection without the lineman in the way.

Ergonomically none of the platforms I've seen is justifiable to comfort. There will be a new way to saddle hunt in a higher level of comfort shortly. So all of the haters hate and all of the ones that want comfort, mobility and very light to carry in and out just wait

Ergonomically none of the platforms I've seen is justifiable to comfort. There will be a new way to saddle hunt in a higher level of comfort shortly. So all of the haters hate and all of the ones that want comfort, mobility and very light to carry in and out just wait

Have you tried any? I find that comment hard to believe.

You most definitely can not hint at something like that and then not say anything about it! You better learn the rules around here! ;)

I am super interested in it whatever it may be. I cannot 100% commit to the platform idea since I like my foot steps that are. On either side of the tree. Just mentally sounds more comfy being able to stretch your legs out more and be closer to the tree. Nevertheless, I'm happy your working on something. Please let us know ASAP, or PM me on it. Thanks!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I think comfort is all relative to what me know and have experience with. I have zero experience with any commercial saddle or platform and maybe I’m missing out.....But I’ve been hunting for about 38 years and tried numerous styles of hunting, and I’m 100 % comfortable in my SitDrag and on my plywood slip-in platform on the Primal step. I’ve spent 11 straight hours in this setup and I couldn’t be happier. I’m not real old but at 50 my old bones creak and groan with the bestof them. Maybe if I tried a Mantis or Kite I would burn my SitDrag, but right now I just can’t complain at all. It gets the job done and I’m completely satisfied with my setup

xop platform was a game changer for me in terms of comfort, ease of use, 360 shooting with way less movement than ros. My feet hurt really bad standing on screw in steps.

I know there’s some videos out there but I wanted to get everyone’s opinion and pictures of how everyone believes is the most comfortable position in their saddle. I do a combo of sitting and standing and sometimes knees to the side of tree but see there other positions you’ve found comfortable.

Zd getting any of what you asked for here?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When do you plan to share some pictures or information? Is it a saddle and climbing method or just a new saddle?

Back