• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lighter weight One stick/pack setup

Exhumis

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Northern Virginia
Seems like all the cool kids are doing a gear load out post so I’ll throw one up for someone looking for a lighter weight (not super lightweight) setup.
My pack is a Gameplan gear leech. These are no longer made so I baby it. They originally come equipped with bungee cords on the top and bottom for securing to a tree; I replaced those with a set of ALICE pack straps. The two loops on top I use for securing my one stick too. The panel on the bottom is largely unused until later season when I can secure a jacket to it. I use this pack October - January and temps in Northern Virginia fluctuate wildly anywhere from 20 - 70 degrees so flexibility is important to me. Some folks have several packs, I’d rather have one do it all pack and since I don’t have to quarter out a deer this works.
One stick is an 15” EWO UOS with a UP platform. Served me well for a few seasons now, at almost 250lbs loaded I haven’t been able to break it yet.
My pack load out is fairly light. The main panel I run Cole-tac adaptive gear sticks. These are molle compatible and come with stretch cord and Velcro to lash items into place. From left to right in the leftmost inner pocket is my portable power cell for my phone and my heated vest as well. Next is a Gerber field dressing set, a rattle bag, CGM accessory pouch which has extra batteries, a gear grapple hook, sd card reader and first aid. Then we have a gear strap and then a waterproof boonie cover. In the inner lid pocket lives items I use more frequently like my gear hoist and headlamp. Finally my gloves sit in the main compartment. There is just a bit of extra room in the main compartment in case I have to pack an extra layer or for my poncho. There are two side pockets in which I stow a small water bottle and that’s it. Seems like a lot of gear but this bag is only 12”x12”x4” and it’s large enough to hold my one stick but not so big that I feel like I have suitcase on my back. Maybe this will give some folks ideas.

Attachments

• IMG_0925.png
    IMG_0925.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0927.png
    IMG_0927.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0929.png
    IMG_0929.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0928.png
    IMG_0928.png