• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Linesman Rope

CharlieRayT

New offering from Aero Hunter. Good alternative to ropeman? How does it work?
eee8aab3dd5bcf10959ae5918106049f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New offering from Aero Hunter. Good alternative to ropeman? How does it work?
eee8aab3dd5bcf10959ae5918106049f.jpg

That’s very similarly to my setup. I like it better than a ropeman on a linesman. You can loosen it under tension/weighted and one hand adjust it when you need to take in slack. The ring puts pressure on the knot and it slides easily. Without the ring the knot doesn’t slide easily to take in slack and it takes two hands.

That’s very similarly to my setup. I like it better than a ropeman on a linesman. You can loosen it under tension/weighted and one hand adjust it when you need to take in slack. The ring puts pressure on the knot and it slides easily. Without the ring the knot doesn’t slide easily to take in slack and it takes two hands.
Did you make yours?

No, I added a shizll to do the same thing. They cost $20.
SHIZLL ROPE SLIDER
https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?item=2076
I was looking in to these shizll rope sliders as well as mirco pulleys. These all work well with arboist as a on handed adjustment without adding metal teeth that are in the ropeman and you can get two for the price of the ropeman as well

This is going to be my set up .. I'm going to make a lanyard that's a 2- and one that's also my tether.

I was looking in to these shizll rope sliders as well as mirco pulleys. These all work well with arboist as a on handed adjustment without adding metal teeth that are in the ropeman and you can get two for the price of the ropeman as well

This is going to be my set up .. I'm going to make a lanyard that's a 2- and one that's also my tether.

The mirco pulleys version

I mocked one up today just using a ring and some paracord. I was suprised how functional it was. Going to keep playing with some things. I like the ropeman but never fell head over heels with it. I like the adjustment to shorten the belt by grabbing the tag end but never like the other way as much. This has potential and may try a shizzl too.

[/QUOTE]
I saw that video a couple years ago and made a copy of his lanyard for tree work. It is nice having one lanyard that can act as two for passing limbs. I really like the simplicity of the shizzl and a knot.

I like that shizll a lot and now really want a few. How noisy are they?

I mocked one up today just using a ring and some paracord. I was suprised how functional it was. Going to keep playing with some things. I like the ropeman but never fell head over heels with it. I like the adjustment to shorten the belt by grabbing the tag end but never like the other way as much. This has potential and may try a shizzl too.

Did the same. Works pretty well, but probably be better if the ring was smaller so it’s harder for it slide over the knot.

422f4beedf66579b88c34a07d6b701f9.heic

Back