• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Lithium fire.

fawnzy

My 12 year olds phone had a thermal runaway today. Being the good kid he is he quickly put it in the bathroom sink and turned the WATER on. Then told me what he had done.

I raced downstairs with a pot and lid. Scooped it out of the sink and put it outside.

The phone stayed on the side of the sink and didn’t actually get wet.

I think the event was over before I got there.

We were both lucky.

I think I’ll be keeping my phone where I can access it IMMEDIATELY when I’m hunting.
I don’t want to be digging through layers trying to find a phone that’s trying to BBQ me at 20’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man thats scary stuff, I might have to talk to the 12 year old in my house about that, I'm not sure she would know what to do, lol.

Any lithium ion battery can be dangerous. Most people dont think about how much energy is stored in a rechargeable battery and what that energy can do in a failure.

Watch some of the videos in YouTube.
When it happens it happens fast. You don’t have much time.
Put it down on the least flammable surface close by. Get away. Come back with an ABC fire extinguisher.
It doesn’t last long but the fire may have spread and need to be put out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back