• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Long Range Shooting MN or Western Wisconsin

Hello! I'm hoping to hunt Black Bear in the West in the near future. I'm looking for a place to practice shooting at longer ranges, as my current range only gets to 200 yards. Anyone around the Twin Cities or Western Wisconsin area know of any ranges open to the public?

Not exactly the Twin Cities area but the Chatfield Fish and Game club has a 300 yard rifle range. It does require a membership but that is only $50. You can buy the membership at Magnum Sports in Chatfield.

There is also the Millville gun range which is actually outside of Wabasha. I think that rifle range is also 300 yards. That also requires a membership but I think that is only $30. You buy that membership at River Valley outfitters in Wabasha.

Back