• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for a stacked step platform

Sam T

I ran across a video on you tube, where he made a plywood platform. This would slide over the standoff and rest across top step. Does anyone have a link to this?

Wild Edge is supposed to have a stacked platform that attaches to step later this year

Thanks, I'll look into that. I don't mind standing on top, it's not that bad. Thought this would be more comfortable for long stands and cheaper mod. I've both the Muddy and Rivers Edge sticks for pre sits. I couldn't that video.

I am working on making a larger metal stepp with platform welded to the top. My plan is to extend the angled portion of the V out to 12 inches from the tree so my weight is forced into the tree and not leveraging the standoff’s away from the tree.

Yeah that’s it. He was a little loose on the tree. I’m thanking about using on ladder sticks for per sets. Your idea sounds good too. I don’t like loose steps at all. Thanks for the help. Where are you from?

I think his board, could be a touch shorter in the back. His rope is in wrong position to cam over tight. Length longer in front would be close to my small lw seat. I’ll do some r&d with this. Thanks

I ran with this idea earlier his year. Abandoned it for a lighter method(bolts as a platform). I was able to get it to cam over tightly and be rock solid however the more I used it the more noise it made. I’m sure I could mod it some more and quite it down if I stayed with it. Posted some videos on here illustrating my method for caming it over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve not been able to start on it,still running r&d though my head. I thought this may have a noise issue with the wood. I’ve some 3/8 marine grade plastic board. Thinking about sandwiching a price of alum. between for strength or by their self. Need to put butt in gear. Deer season will be here before we know it. Thanks for advice.

Back