• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Looking for Attach Crossbow to Eberlestock Bandit Ideas

Sbrammer

SH Member
I have a Eberlestock Bandit and I need a way to attach my crossbow to the pack while the pack is on my back.

While the pack is on my back is crucial. The reason is I'm extremely arthritic, so If I attach to pack and then try to put the pack on it hurts my shoulders.

I was thinking of some kind of way to lower the bow down my back and clip the sturup into the top loop with a carabiner. I would also need a way to bring it back up to detach. I don't have the range of motion to reach over my shoulder and bring the loop up. My though at this point was to have a paracord string on the opposite ends of the top pack loop so I can hoist it up. I would secure the cords over the shoulder pads with some kind of clip/knot system so I can hoist the bow and pack up as needed. I don't know how well this will carry, but this is what I have so far.

Looking for any ideas/input y'all may have. Much appreciated. Thanks!

What else are you carrying in that pack? Mabye ditch the pack for a large fanny/lumbar pack and get a sling for the crossbow?

Or you could mabye attach the crossbow in front of you. A couple paracord loops in the sling holes( or wherever) and attach them to carabiners near the bottom of your shoulder straps so its length wise across your belly

What else are you carrying in that pack? Mabye ditch the pack for a large fanny/lumbar pack and get a sling for the crossbow?

Or you could mabye attach the crossbow in front of you. A couple paracord loops in the sling holes( or wherever) and attach them to carabiners near the bottom of your shoulder straps so its length wise across your belly
Thanks for the suggestion, and I'll look to see if I can somehow use the existing sling.

The issue I have with carrying on the shoulder or infront of me is I have to have 2 walking sticks to stabilize me as I'm walking through the woods. Right now I carry the crossbow on my shoulder and it inevitably slips down and clanks with one of the sticks.

I don't carry a bunch of gear in the pack but what I do carry I use and need.

Thanks.

I have a Eberlestock Bandit and I need a way to attach my crossbow to the pack while the pack is on my back.

While the pack is on my back is crucial. The reason is I'm extremely arthritic, so If I attach to pack and then try to put the pack on it hurts my shoulders.

I was thinking of some kind of way to lower the bow down my back and clip the sturup into the top loop with a carabiner. I would also need a way to bring it back up to detach. I don't have the range of motion to reach over my shoulder and bring the loop up. My though at this point was to have a paracord string on the opposite ends of the top pack loop so I can hoist it up. I would secure the cords over the shoulder pads with some kind of clip/knot system so I can hoist the bow and pack up as needed. I don't know how well this will carry, but this is what I have so far.

Looking for any ideas/input y'all may have. Much appreciated. Thanks!
Maybe something like a Kifaru Grab it ? Alternatively, Jakt Gear makes a single point contact crossbow sling to carry much like an AR single
Point system.

How about a stirrup on the pack hip belt so you can just sling the crossbow on the front?

Instead of attatching to back pack I would run it with a single or double point attachment in the front
I run mine with either attachment depending on my mood as I walk it’s right at my chest and ready for action if needed and no bouncing as I have my hand on stock and minimal bouncing if not. It’s very comfortable to wear as all the weight is distributed across your shoulders I run the same setup for my MZ and shotgun and you can rig it with ANY crossbow you just need to find the best location on stock. Many ways to do it
I would use a adjustable one handed strap to adjust length and very cheap on Amazon

Instead of attatching to back pack I would run it with a single or double point attachment in the front
Thanks. I have to run it on the back because I use 2 walking sticks to walk through the woods with. If I carry in the front the crossbow will at some point clank with one or both of the sticks announcing my arrival to the area.

I hunt with and love my Bandit! I use nite ize rubber Twisties on the molle and the slits. You can attach anything with them. You can also attach them very tightly to the pack. I see no reason a few properly attached night ize wouldn't work perfectly for you.

Thanks. I have to run it on the back because I use 2 walking sticks to walk through the woods with. If I carry in the front the crossbow will at some point clank with one or both of the sticks announcing my arrival to the area.
I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to use the 2 point and sling it on the back over the pack and tighten up the strap so that can leave your hand free. I have done that using my cane when my leg/ foot acts up on cold days where my fused foot gives me problems

Can you sew a button on your shirt/jacket shoulder to keep the crossbow from slipping off?
This is actually pretty good. Along these lines, I had originally thought about attaching a cord attached to one or across both shoulder straps and cinching with the crossbow strap, but the button idea is interesting.

I'll be playing with some of these ideas during spring gobbler since I have the same issue when carrying my shotgun.

This might not work, but it might be worth playing with.

A lanyard from the buttstock to your packstrap, like this:
1675185650956.png

Make it long enough to hold the crossbow behind your shoulder. Pair it with a retention device on your belt, maybe a gear tie, or a hook/strap setup similar to this:
1675185751473.png
1675185751473.png1675185650956.png

You might have to pull it pretty far behind you to ensure the limbs don't interfere with your trekking poles. Maybe put a couple of lines on the stirrup, so you can position how it rides behind your back?

Try an adjustable two point sling long enough to go over your head and strong side shoulder and under your weak side arm. Sling with “muzzle” down you should be able to grab sling and rotate crossbow under your weak side so now the “muzzle” is up. If your tighten it down before swinging crossbow back, it will suck it up tight to the backpack behind your weak side arm. Can pull the sling to swing it back around front quickly also. At least this works with a freedom seed projector, not sure how the limbs on a crossbow will help/hinder. May end up with a limb tucked under your weak side arm slowing you to control what little movement there would be.

Try an adjustable two point sling long enough to go over your head and strong side shoulder and under your weak side arm. Sling with “muzzle” down you should be able to grab sling and rotate crossbow under your weak side so now the “muzzle” is up. If your tighten it down before swinging crossbow back, it will suck it up tight to the backpack behind your weak side arm. Can pull the sling to swing it back around front quickly also.

Yep this is kinda what I was saying but you worded it a lot better :grin:

Try an adjustable two point sling long enough to go over your head and strong side shoulder and under your weak side arm. Sling with “muzzle” down you should be able to grab sling and rotate crossbow under your weak side so now the “muzzle” is up. If your tighten it down before swinging crossbow back, it will suck it up tight to the backpack behind your weak side arm. Can pull the sling to swing it back around front quickly also. At least this works with a freedom seed projector, not sure how the limbs on a crossbow will help/hinder. May end up with a limb tucked under your weak side arm slowing you to control what little movement there would be.
Big fan of the adjustable 2-point slings. I've moved from VTAC to Magpul, but for this purpose I think VTAC is the one to beat, with SOB a close second. Main difference is where you adjust it from. I've also tried Granite Gear and Grovtec but the webbing is a bit floppity compared to VTAC and Magpul.

I run this basic configuration, long sling over head with the bow head down along my side. Even works well with a pack on. In my experience trying to run any sling configuration with the head up is a losing proposition, as the bow just continually wants to swap ends due to the weight differential of the two ends. I also have a grip on my R20. Generally, I don’t have to control the bow and it will ride there no problem. I will sometimes anchor the bow using the grip if I am walking through brush, stooping over, etc,. One potential issue is that once you start raising arm using the pole, that arm is no longer down by your side, which may allow the bow to move around a little since your arm is no longer providing a blocking force. Also, as described above, if you need to maneuver, you will most likely need to use one hand to anchor the bow for short durations as you maneuver. Good Luck!

Back