• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG mini ?

67elmustang

SH Member
?
Has anyone switched to the mini single steps from doubles and will Only Use the Single steps.
Im running the Gen 3 One sticks now and have used Beast,Skeletors,
Shikers ,LWCG doubles over the years.
Issues with all the sticks were attachenent methods.
Always tried the 7/64 Amsteel daisy on these other sticks Including trucker and USA.
The 3/4 strap buckles and packing have me interested in trying singles!!

I use the lwcg compacts 17”. I love them. I use them with a combo on cable aiders and a Backwoods mobile gear versa aider that I use on a step instead of a versa button. Single steps don’t bother me at all. Maybe it’s because I started on them. I use amsteel daisy chains and do a truckers hitch and they are super stable. Used them this whole season and unless a good 1 pound stick comes out that doesn’t have issues I won’t be changing anytime soon. I have used doubles and to me I thought that’s what I had to have but when I went back to singles I didn’t miss it. Split second longer to make sure you have your steps going the right way but it’s no biggy. Also. Another couple seconds to collapse them after your hunt but that’s no biggy to me

?
Has anyone switched to the mini single steps from doubles and will Only Use the Single steps.
Im running the Gen 3 One sticks now and have used Beast,Skeletors,
Shikers ,LWCG doubles over the years.
Issues with all the sticks were attachenent methods.
Always tried the 7/64 Amsteel daisy on these other sticks Including trucker and USA.
The 3/4 strap buckles and packing have me interested in trying singles!!
What was wrong with attachment method for ONE sticks and skeletor? That cleat has been super easy for me

No issues on Gen 3 One sticks.
Only upgrade I did was upgrade ropes to the Real Deal One stick rope mods.
Love the one sticks for the hookup and stack ability .
Skeletors Sold to friend as he wanted to give the saddle a try,Now’s he’s hooked.
Beast sticks had 6 sets including original 24” all with Amsteel daisy,packing not so great on 4 for profile.climbing and take down No issue.
Shikars 1st run To much fiddling .

Just seeing if guys have been changing to the singles vs Doubles!!

This a video on using a cable aider and versa aider on the single step LWCG sticks. If nothing earth shattering comes to market, I will be ordering three LWCG single step sticks.

How many times I switch feet depending on the tree, having to reposition my platform based on branches and other factors..... I don't see how you would want to go back to single steps but thats just me.

How many times I switch feet depending on the tree, having to reposition my platform based on branches and other factors..... I don't see how you would want to go back to single steps but thats just me.
If I have to switch feet, I hook my versa aider to my extra Amsteel daisy girth hitched around tree like the 2TC guys.
Plus this gives me a extra step.

Sounds crazy complicated. Mildly sketchy…

This a video on using a cable aider and versa aider on the single step LWCG sticks. If nothing earth shattering comes to market, I will be ordering three LWCG single step sticks.

I did this all season. No issues for me! I love it and will continue to use it. 18-20’ pretty easy and didn’t have any scary slips or anything. Cable aiders are always solid for me. Then the versa aider I’m combination of proper lineman belt use and you’re good to go.

More fiddle factor though.
You can just put the versa aider on the foot that steps onto the platform. Platform on right, versa aider on right foot. I did something similar for a few years. Just like the double versa aider method. Two straps got a little complicated. The cable aider / versa aider method is so simple that even a OGG like me can do it. (OGG = Old Grumpy Guy).

Back