• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Machine thoughts

hounddog

Anyone now anything about this machine and know if it would work for this type of sewing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105-101114_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105-101114_Chrome.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 32
Are you wanting to sew a saddles or accessories like pouches? I haven’t heard of it. I did find out while purchasing my first sewing machine that industrial doesn’t necessarily mean heavy duty. They made plenty of industrial light garment machines too. They can run at high speed but intended for light work. That said, my machine was finally able to sew a couple saddles, but it required a lot of tinkering. My particular sewing machine didn’t have a huge opening under the foot, which minimized how many layers of fabric I could sew.

If it is cheap $30-40 you might not have much to lose. You would need to know the needle and thread size it can hold and like I said it’s nice to know the foot height as well. I’m no expert but I have tinkered a little. Good luck

@jhunter13 what is the sewing machine you have like 6 of that you recommend for the price to anyone sta out?

@4090Sharps may know something about the machine

I hadn't heard of it either. I was told a repair shop that they do like heavy multiple layers better then thin stuff. I also found this one

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230105-110055_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230105-110055_Chrome.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 19
Back