• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mad Rock is a Diva

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Turns out, the Mad Rock that @Crcusmonky sent me ( a @Weldabeast creation) is just spoiled. Apparently, "Coyote Brown" and "Coyote Tan" are 2 rgb codes too many apart.
95b95bdd1366561162e824e364ed923b.jpg
0a3f98e02b21d1332f0caa058b917558.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Non-locking S hook biners and a paracord bridge???? Pretty sketchy setup there @always89y ! :tearsofjoy:
I hear you sir! In my defense, I calculate the gate opening weight in excerted lbs to be roughly 3,918 lbs, considering the scale. Also, assuming a fall rate of 97mph and an object weight of .27 lbs,bthe max force in a 6ft fall would be 10.4 lbs...far less than the breaking strength of 550 cord!

SCIENCE!

I hear you sir! In my defense, I calculate the gate opening weight in excerted lbs to be roughly 3,918 lbs, considering the scale. Also, assuming a fall rate of 97mph and an object weight of .27 lbs,bthe max force in a 6ft fall would be 10.4 lbs...far less than the breaking strength of 550 cord!

SCIENCE!

Did you add the extra weight for all gear? Is it a minimalist? Either way I think the impact force is to great. I suggest he run a screamer. Help soften the blow. Even if they are contraversal. Can't hurt right?

SCIENCE!

All in all though, its still considered bad form to promote a potentially unsafe setup. I mean what happens when a Mad Boulder sees this and decides its safe since it was promoted here? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
All in all though, its still considered bad form to promote a potentially unsafe setup. I mean what happens when a Mad Boulder sees this and decides its safe since it was promoted here? :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Going on a diet prolly wont help Mad Boulder but he might could shed some weight with a little knapping.

Back