• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mad Rock Safeguard Tips

Jed33

Pulled the trigger on the oplux and safeguard. I’m going to incorporate the one stick method and rappel after the hunt.

I plan on using the safeguard from the time my feet leave the ground. Is there any tips in general I need to know?

How safe is this? Should I have a backup while hunting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pulled the trigger on the oplux and safeguard. I’m going to incorporate the one stick method and rappel after the hunt.

I plan on using the safeguard from the time my feet leave the ground. Is there any tips in general I need to know?

Did you purchase the springless safeguard? It’s black, not red.

I always back the safeguard up with on auto block. I doubt it is necessary but Oplux is 8 mm rope is off spec for the safeguard so I back it up. I never had a problem with the two together though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Make sure to pull all the slack from your rope frequently. The weight of the excess rope will tend to pull it through, I think. I SRT so there is never any slack.

Back