• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Making 100+ arrow wraps under $15 budget

HuumanCreed

SH Member
As requested by @Red Beard . Taking my son to his first 3D course in 2 weeks. He said he wanted striped wraps so I went a little fancier then my usual plain. Else, it could have been a short. Hope you appreciate the $100,000 I spend on video equipment and editing! Haha, 3rd video I ever posted on Youtube, so sorry for the quality.

Anyway, I do not pay attention to how long, but usually 1-2 inches longer than your fletching is enough.

1688121938574.png

I have found that 1-inch wide is perfect for standard diameter. Then take off a 1/8 or 1/16 for smaller diameters. Here are some arrows I have made. I stole some blue from my wife's supply shhhhhh!

1688122060917.png

If you want to be uniform, I can get 12 wraps of 6 inches cut. Sometimes I do a lot longer or sometimes I have them barely providing coverage for the vanes, honestly it just depend on my mood. However, let say I only do 6 inches long wraps, a foot would give me 24 wraps. 6 feet roll is going to let me make +/-144 wraps. That is pretty good for $6. You can go crazy with the color choices too; gloss or matte, rainbow or tie dye, or patterns too. You can even use a printer and print your names or whatever. Trademark it!

I get 30 minutes break for lunch. Usually I am in my car making arrows while eating a sandwich. Here is one I made before heading into the office, will get the other done during lunch.

Attachments

• 1688121922005.png
    1688121922005.png
    370 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
As requested by @Red Beard . Taking my son to his first 3D course in 2 weeks. He said he wanted striped wraps so I went a little fancier then my usual plain. Else, it could have been a short. Hope you appreciate the $100,000 I spend on video equipment and editing! Haha, 3rd video I ever posted on Youtube, so sorry for the quality.

Anyway, I do not pay attention to how long, but usually 1-2 inches longer than your fletching is enough.

View attachment 86659

I have found that 1-inch wide is perfect for standard diameter. Then take off a 1/8 or 1/16 for smaller diameters. Here are some arrows I have made. I stole some blue from my wife's supply shhhhhh!

View attachment 86660

If you want to be uniform, I can get 12 wraps of 6 inches cut. Sometimes I do a lot longer or sometimes I have them barely providing coverage for the vanes, honestly it just depend on my mood. However, let say I only do 6 inches long wraps, a foot would give me 24 wraps. 6 feet roll is going to let me make +/-144 wraps. That is pretty good for $6. You can go crazy with the color choices too; gloss or matte, rainbow or tie dye, or patterns too. You can even use a printer and print your names or whatever. Trademark it!

I get 30 minutes break for lunch. Usually I am in my car making arrows while eating a sandwich. Here is one I made before heading into the office, will get the other done during lunch.

I’ve bought rolls of stuff before and it was a fail without the straight edge slicer thing. $10 ain’t bad at all. Great write up, thanks for sharing. I will now need 2 dozen white pink and orange wraps please lol

How much do you get done in 30 minutes? You can't really wrap and fletch 6 can you? I mean you must spend at like 17 seconds on the sandwich.. :tearsofjoy: looks great!

Wrapping literally take 5 seconds. Center console arm rest actually make a great surface to roll the arrow because its soft.

It take me less than 4 minutes an arrow. I use blue gorilla glue. About a minute each vane is enough.

I take bites in between and listen to music while the glue dry.

BUT.......there is a trade off. You will be known as the crazy guy with a bunch of arrows in his car. Most of my coworkers know this and make fun of me sometime, but once a while I would be walking and I hear " Man, I just walked passed a guy with a bunch of arrows sticking out at all directions in his car. Should I let security know?"

But if smokers can take break every hours to 'go smoke', I can do with what my allowed lunch break whatever I want.

Wrapping literally take 5 seconds. Center console arm rest actually make a great surface to roll the arrow because its soft.

It take me less than 4 minutes an arrow. I use blue gorilla glue. About a minute each vane is enough.

I take bites in between and listen to music while the glue dry.

BUT.......there is a trade off. You will be known as the crazy guy with a bunch of arrows in his car. Most of my coworkers know this and make fun of me sometime, but once a while I would be walking and I hear " Man, I just walked passed a guy with a bunch of arrows sticking out at all directions in his car. Should I let security know?"

But if smokers can take break every hours to 'go smoke', I can do with what my allowed lunch break whatever I want.
I haven't brought arrows in much but I regularly practice knots on the handles of my machine :tearsofjoy:

Back