• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mantis Adjustable Bridge?

DwadeCham

Sorry if this has been covered but I would like to either add an adjustable bridge to my Mantis or replace the existing one. I have searched the forum and “The Google” and haven’t come up with anything. Just wondering if anyone has done this and how.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did by looking at pictures of the bridge they use on H2 saddles I think. Several youtube videos on how to make one. So far I'm happy with it. Only downside is after a few sits in same position it becomes hard to adjust
a280b59117665ed46e052545a44b297e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I spliced a continuous loop of 1/4" amsteel and used it as a prusic. On the other side I did a locked brummel and then a full burry of 1/4" amsteel. This gives you an adjustable amsteel bridge. Been working well for me. I like to shorten my bridge for the walk in and climb, then lengthen it a lot for hunting.

I had gotten an extra tree tether from Trophyline when I ordered my saddle kit. I asked if they wanted the extra ropes and carabiners back but they never got back to me.
If they ask for it back now. It is not a tree tether anymore!
I took a picture in the backyard at ground level for you.
The right loop has a Prusik cord girth hitched to the lineman loops.
The left loop is a figure 8 knot with a stopper knot.
Adjustable Bridge.jpg

I know Crüzr offers an adjustable amsteel bridge that can be put on any saddle for $30. Made in the USA. Or you can buy amsteel by the foot from DanO at Eastern Woods Outdoors and splice the loops yourself like kenn1320 mentioned. There's tons of videos on how to splice amsteel on Youtube.

I had gotten an extra tree tether from Trophyline when I ordered my saddle kit. I asked if they wanted the extra ropes and carabiners back but they never got back to me.
If they ask for it back now. It is not a tree tether anymore!
I took a picture in the backyard at ground level for you.
The right loop has a Prusik cord girth hitched to the lineman loops.
The left loop is a figure 8 knot with a stopper knot.
View attachment 39548

I like this. Can you take another picture that shows the loops too? It’s cut off on the pic. I know it’s probably great but I have been considering going to climbing rope as opposed to Amsteel. I know it’s the hot thing but something about it makes me uneasy. Kind of miss my old Aero Hunter Evolution with the rope bridge that was adjustable.

I use an amsteel adjustable bridge from Cruzr on my Aero Hunter Flex and on my Cruzr XC. I also have the Triad bridge from H2 saddles that I have used.

Using the H2 Triad on my Mantis.
It is not easy to adjust, but that is a good thing...IMO.
I like to leave it in one spot and not have to worry about it once it is in the right place.
Like a lot of people, I adjusted the connection on the bridge loops to be a bit lower so that more pressure would be on the butt/legs instead of the back/waist.

Did it help? Tons.
Is it as comfy as my climber? Not even close, but I've used it for all but two sits in the last two years.

Using the H2 Triad on my Mantis.
It is not easy to adjust, but that is a good thing...IMO.
I like to leave it in one spot and not have to worry about it once it is in the right place.
Like a lot of people, I adjusted the connection on the bridge loops to be a bit lower so that more pressure would be on the butt/legs instead of the back/waist.

Did it help? Tons.
Is it as comfy as my climber? Not even close, but I've used it for all but two sits in the last two years.

It was a major game changer for Me. I did three all day sits in mine after switching to the triad bridge. I set mine up about the same as you. Great upgrade IMO

Back