• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mantis advice wanted

Jed33

I have used a sit drag with a rock climbing harness for 3 seasons. Got a mantis for Christmas, used it this morning and could not get comfortable. I felt like I was slipping down in the saddle. I had lowered the waist position and then had hip pinch? Overall the mantis is a great set up, just need additional information on set up thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try lowering your tether to neck to chest height. Do you have microfit adjusters?

I would also try loosening the leg straps. For whatever reason that seems to get rid of any hip pinch I’ve had. I use a different saddle but I think the principle is the same. Or similar.

Also, what position were you running the leg straps in? upper or lower? Makes a world of difference for me

Also, what position were you running the leg straps in? upper or lower? Makes a world of difference for me
Yes. The lower is more comfortable to me when sitting. Walking I like them up.

Yeah i have to microfit adjusters, one of them was not attached and it helped one i got that fixed. I’m going to try to lower my tether see if that helps. The only way I could get a similar fit to the sit drag was to lower the wait strap around my hips. I think that’s why i had hip pinch. Also my feet were way more fatigued than normal, is this a symptom of the tether being too high?

Oh I forgot to post the leg straps were on the lower part

Back