• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mantis or Trophyline

Tgels

Hi Folks,

I am looking into getting into the saddle hunting game. However, at this point in the season, with delayed shipping on some products, I probably won’t be able to start until next year.

My question is: which saddle would be the best option? Mantis or new Trophyline? Mantis seems to have more adjustments and fitting options. Has anyone used both? Would one be better than the other or is it a toss up?? Do you like webbing bridge or mantis style rope bridge better?

I don’t have the money to spend and buy both. So trying to get it right on the first go. May do a combo of muddy pro sticks & wild edge sticks. Definitely looking to get predator platform!

Opinions are welcome! Interested in ditching climber and going strictly saddle!! Thanks!

I just purchased the tropyline Ambush lite kit was very reasonable plus they are in stock and with the discount code the price dropped by 30 bucks !!

I just purchased the tropyline Ambush lite kit was very reasonable plus they are in stock and with the discount code the price dropped by 30 bucks !!

I saw they have stock and will ship. But, do you think trophyline is better than mantis?

What was discount code?? Appreciate your help!!

I didn’t know there was one and I just purchased the TL. Can you help a saddle brother out? I’ll email them and I’m sure they’ll refund portion. I hope. Lol. That’s good biz if they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn’t know there was one and I just purchased the TL. Can you help a saddle brother out? I’ll email them and I’m sure they’ll refund portion. I hope. Lol. That’s good biz if they do.

I ordered and found out about the code after. I emailed and asked if they would refund the difference or either throw in a set of knee pads which I forgot to order and they threw in the knee pads no problem.

Thanks for the code! So trophyline better than mantis?!? I’m itching to get one but want to get the right one first go around!

I think I'm going to go with the TL just so I can try one out this season. If I decide I don't like it I'll order the Flex like I really want then sell the TL.

Ordered a TL yesterday and noticed I got the wrong size. Sent TL an email and Shawn answered in only a couple of hours on a Sunday. First saddle for me, but their customer service already seems top notch.

Can someone post the trophyline website url? I am struggling finding their website

5' 6", 175 lbs, ~33 inch waist, no butt. I knew in 5 minutes that I was going to keep my Mantis and send the TL back. TL pinched my sides above my hips or didn't cup at all. I really wanted to like it. Guess I'll wait on a mesh Flex (not interested in Yarak).

On a side note: I love my medium mantis!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I just unboxed my Ambush by Trophyline and I’m a little disappointed!! The leg straps are not adjustable. They are huge on me and that’s after having layers on. I’m 5’ 10” 216 lbs athletic build and I was so pissed off. I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be that big but there’s no way to adjust them?!? Guys, am I’m missing something here?

They were big on the old models too. Never was an issue.

Guys here is the code to use for the discount !! Trophylineambassador!10

So I just emailed TL and asked if they could honor the code. I purchased the saddle on 10/4 and the knee pads yesterday. I never knew there was a code. Hopefully they can honor it. I’ll let y’all know.

Back