• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Mellenium M7 Treestand

Waymore

Now I did it. Just when I dove headfirst into saddle hunting I go out and buy a new hang on. I think I am losing my mind. For as much as I am able to hunt I am spending a shipload of money of new stuff. I know this is a saddle forum but for those that want another option hopefully this helps. Anyways here is my review.

Very lightweight. Mine weighed 9.3 lbs however. I noticed these treestand manufactures exaggerate a little on their weights. I have not hunted with it yet but have set it up on a tree and the seat is very comfy. I am going to ditch the cam receiver and just use a cam strap on the bar (which will be taped real good to make sure it doesn't cut into the strap) for top. I may use additional one on bottom (initially it seems solid without). By doing that it makes the hook up super easy which is real important for mobile setup. I took the stock backstraps off and will connect to my backpack. On each corner of seat there is a gap in the fabric that one of those rubberized twist ties can be fastened to hang stuff from such as backpack, etc. It is hollow aluminum so it will be louder than a cast platform. I am going to use a some camo form tape to quiet everything down. The platform is smaller than I am used to but I think it will work. So as of now I have a Sumitt Viper, a Guidos Web, a Sit Drag with platform, and this M7. I think I have all my bases covered. The M7 is only 5lbs heavier than my XOP platform but more comfortable.

Overall I believe this is a great mobile stand option. The real test is how it performs in the cold winters of Michigan

I actually like the millennium tree stands. They're really nice and comfortable. On private property I would occasionally still use traditional teeestands.

I have the same tree stand that I bought last year. I am just converting over to a saddle. Although light, by the time I carry in the stand, climbing sticks, harness, clothes, etc it became heavy and very cumbersome. I will keep mine for use when I find a spot that I may want to hunt multiple days in a row. It was my first stand so I don't have much to compare it to. Seemed comfortable enough for 3-4 hour sits. I have never noticed any noise coming from the stand unless I dropped something metal against it. I found the receiver to work great but the receiver and especially the ratchet weighs a lot. I think a lone wolf pull strap would be a better set up.

Uh so I hung a hang on at my house this year. As much as I love my saddle I also don't like carrying anything more than I have to into the woods with me. Since it is such a small parcel (4 acres, back 2.75 age huntable) I decided I wanted to do a hang on. I have done one sit in it this year, but it was very comfy(millennium m50). It was also nice to only take my bow, fall arrest harness, and a few other pieces of gear in my pockets with me. Still, for the cost of one hang I could have bought enough steps for 3 trees. The other thing I was considering is if I ever let anyone else hunt back there they wouldn't be able to hunt my saddle stands and would have to ground hunt. Definitely not optimal for this property.

I do plan on prepping what limited trees there are for saddle though, in case I notice deer movement changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would be using this as a carry in carry out stand with the exception if I was coming back next morning. I agree D rek I don't like carrying all this crap but unfortunately I hunt mostly public and too many Dbags with sticky fingers out there.

Back