• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Michigan DNR ruins everything!

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
There goes my plan to try a heads up decoy with my bow... From the Michigan DNR 2018 Spring Turkey Digest "Stalking with a handheld decoy/silhouette is illegal."

Any states around here that do allow it?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

There goes my plan to try a heads up decoy with my bow... From the Michigan DNR 2018 Spring Turkey Digest "Stalking with a handheld decoy/silhouette is illegal."

Any states around here that do allow it?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Indiana does I have fanned several nice birds. It a great tactic that works!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May be a way to get shot. I am not sure I would want to do it. Decoys have always worked for me without stalking.

I’ve had harvested 3 big gobblers this way, but you really have to be careful. Never be within shotgun range of the treeline. Never know when there could be a trigger happy trespasser......... I prefer it as a tactic for a wide open field with a henned up tom.

Back