• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Michigan meet up May 11th @Sleepy Holliw State Park, 11 A.M.

Location / date for the '24 meet up (1 vote for date / 1 vote for location)

• May 4th

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • May 11th

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • June 1st

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Sleepy Hollow State Park

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Tippy Dam State Rec Area

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Metamora-Hadley Rec Area

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Holly Rec Area

• Wilderness State Park

• Total voters
Hoping to do either day, but there are a couple of location options that are too far for me to travel, even to see you friends. I picked the closest one, but could be talked into changing my vote to Sleepy Hollow if many agree that location has the most amenities.

Not making an official vote cause I'm an out of stater just dreaming about coming out...but I think you should pick may the 4th... And then make some star wars/may the 4th be with you tshirts...

Last edited:
Not making an official vote cause I'm about of stater just dreaming about coming out...but I think you should pick may the 4th... And then make some star wars/may the 4th be with you tshirts...
We will have an X-wing.... Maybe a platform formally know as Vader?
But out of staters are definitely welcome. Watching @boyne bowhunter ascend a tree is worth it. It's almost memorizing.

I voted although I feel I shouldn’t have. I’ll be chasing turkeys may 4-13 in Pennsylvania and in Michigan from 4/20 till 5/1. Luckily my vote was for wilderness lol because it was closest. So I won’t affect the real voting. Good luck if anything changes in my schedule this will be first on my list.

Bump again. Tie again. Date doesn't matter to me but I believe one of you said you're off turkey hunting the 4th.... let's not need a tie breaker.

Looking like we've got the spot.

I appreciate everyone's input on this!

Someday I would like to offer up my place as a location for a gathering. I have 40 acres of wooded ( harwoods,poplars and huge pines) for climbing. I also have a pistol range available if one has a proclivity- of course if they abide by my safety rules.
Your towards the West side right? I can be persuaded.

I voted although I feel I shouldn’t have. I’ll be chasing turkeys may 4-13 in Pennsylvania and in Michigan from 4/20 till 5/1. Luckily my vote was for wilderness lol because it was closest. So I won’t affect the real voting. Good luck if anything changes in my schedule this will be first on my list.
Your site vote is much appreciated man

Also bump. You might need to pick a date @boyne bowhunter , it's all the same to me

Looks like early May at Sleepy Hollow

@Chandler96 @Boomah21 @DanO @Andrew920 @kalcoone @Empostarr @Coachschaller @blt348 @SaddleUpPartner! @Skurbie @RagnarRGR @3mbcrs @Alaska at Heart @MIPublic @valerio024 @BCHunter @D.F.A @T.Clarke @Countymounty7623 @jhoward8821 @ztrumble @wabasis @Swampwalker @BarefootDave @FishHuntPBR @Slabzilla73 @Silvio @Chrighton @Crcusmonky @shamus275 @Steve Plemmons @Grayden Valdez @BuckFever @mball1684 @stevenfisher763 @AntlerAddict76 @WiscoDan @Ditchdiver @sureshotscott @deertrout @ricky racer @Gumbymedic @Badfishmi @billywobbles @Maca @Sage @cloudedleopard @BarefootDave

If you've already voted please disregard this, I'm too lazy to try and selectively edit the list. :) I just thought I'd flag everyone in this thread also to be sure everyone saw the poll since it was added later. If you would like to attend the 2024 Michigan Saddlehunter get together and have a date/location preference please vote in the poll for your preferred date and location, your input is welcome.

Also bump. You might need to pick a date @boyne bowhunter , it's all the same to me
As I said above @Horn, I'm good with any of the choices (being an old retired guy has some advantages :tearsofjoy:). Just let me know when and where and I'll do my best to be there.

Sorry, this is the first time in seeing this. What date did you end up with? I can't see how to get to the poll on this phone app.

Steve

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

Sorry, this is the first time in seeing this. What date did you end up with? I can't see how to get to the poll on this phone app.

Steve

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk
The poll should be right at the top of the page. I don't think anything's been finalized yet so that's why we bumped the poll up.

Back