• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MR PopUp 28 vs Exo K3

cibor

SH Member
Trying to keep this question simple, if you had both packs which would you choose and why?

The gear I usually take in:
  • 3 Beast Sticks
  • 1 Predator Platform
  • Doyles Gear Hoist
  • 1 Nalgene
  • Misc (Snacks/Kill kit/Ammo if hunting with a gun)
  • Saddle setup
    • Phantom
    • 1-SYS Hauler
    • 2-8mm ropes
    • 1-HYS strap
    • 1-Back Band
      • 50/50 if I wear my saddle in, If I planned to setup after sunrise I stuff it in the pack
Rifle/Bow I usually have in my hand so I don't worry too much about that

Trying to keep this question simple, if you had both packs which would you choose and why?

The gear I usually take in:
  • 3 Beast Sticks
  • 1 Predator Platform
  • Doyles Gear Hoist
  • 1 Nalgene
  • Misc (Snacks/Kill kit/Ammo if hunting with a gun)
  • Saddle setup
    • Phantom
    • 1-SYS Hauler
    • 2-8mm ropes
    • 1-HYS strap
    • 1-Back Band
      • 50/50 if I wear my saddle in, If I planned to setup after sunrise I stuff it in the pack
Rifle/Bow I usually have in my hand so I don't worry too much about that
Popup, they serve the same purpose and it has extra hauling capability. Assuming you're comparing to the smaller k3 not the huge weeklong backpacking ,6000 cu inch version.

Popup, they serve the same purpose and it has extra hauling capability. Assuming you're comparing to the smaller k3 not the huge weeklong backpacking ,6000 cu inch version.
Right, I'm considering the Exo K3 1800

Right, I'm considering the Exo K3 1800
If you want a1800 size pack, there's one (older style where the frame folds instead of telescopes but still very good pack, size is discontinued) in the classifieds at the moment (not mine) https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/wts-mr-popup-18.49390/ I was eyeing it but I have the 38 and can't justify another pack right now. The "meat shelf" on the popup is what seals the deal, whether it's carrying in your platform (I hear some guys even put stands in there) or a deer. A few other threads on here about popups specifically and backpacks in general, use Google to search including the keyword site:saddle hunter.com and you'll get better results than the internal forum search

Back