• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Muddy safe line

Flyerzfan10

Aug 31, 2018
Wapwallopen, PA
Ok, don't shoot the messenger here. Just wondering.. could you rappel down on a Muddy Safe Line? I know it's not as packable as oplux or some of the rope most guys are using. Thanks.

trailblazer75

Dec 24, 2018
Springfield, MO
Ok, don't shoot the messenger here. Just wondering.. could you rappel down on a Muddy Safe Line? I know it's not as packable as oplux or some of the rope most guys are using. Thanks.

I’ve got about 35 rappels on mine. I also have used them as rope mod ropes and the bridge of my H2 is muddy safeline rope. Guys will tell you it isn’t rated because you don’t know the source of the rope. But I do it on an almost daily basis and it is fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
d791ffc4409702fd4f8c8b18efdbaa87.jpg

Flyerzfan10

Aug 31, 2018
Wapwallopen, PA
I’ve got about 35 rappels on mine. I also have used them as rope mod ropes and the bridge of my H2 is muddy safeline rope. Guys will tell you it isn’t rated because you don’t know the source of the rope. But I do it on an almost daily basis and it is fine.

d791ffc4409702fd4f8c8b18efdbaa87.jpg
how well does it pack up??

trailblazer75

Dec 24, 2018
Springfield, MO
how well does it pack up??

I’ve got a roll up pouch that someone on here made for me and it carries fine in it. That’s it on the right side. I also have an extra carabiner in there, my figure 8, an extra accessory cord in case I gotta figure something out plus my pull down rope and a niteize gear tie.
0a700fdd5e60e0e29b943f97e4d00f16.jpg

Reactions: BoHuntsKy

Flyerzfan10

Aug 31, 2018
Wapwallopen, PA
I’ve got a roll up pouch that someone on here made for me and it carries fine in it. That’s it on the right side. I also have an extra carabiner in there, my figure 8, an extra accessory cord in case I gotta figure something out plus my pull down rope and a niteize gear tie.
0a700fdd5e60e0e29b943f97e4d00f16.jpg

Nice. I have a pouch like that also. I bought if off a guy on FB. Can you put an autoblock below that figure 8 and control your decent like that? I was thinking of getting an ATC and an autoblock to use just like this.

trailblazer75

Dec 24, 2018
Springfield, MO
Nice. I have a pouch like that also. I bought if off a guy on FB. Can you put an autoblock below that figure 8 and control your decent like that? I was thinking of getting an ATC and an autoblock to use just like this.

That’s exactly what i do. I run a schwebash as my main hook up point and then when it’s time to rappel I just set my lineman’s belt and stand up. Tend down the hitch and clip it into my right side lineman’s loop and take it off my bridge. Then I put in my figure 8 and clip to my bridge. I’ll shorted my bridge a bit so I can see the figure 8 and the autoblock without the autoblock reaching the figure 8. I have about 6” in between. Once I load my system I remove my LB and away we go.

PapaBear

Oct 21, 2020
Can I get the name of the guy on FB selling that rope pouch? That is just what I've been looking for.

PapaBear

Oct 21, 2020
Look up @sharps4090

May be the same guy. He gave me a super good deal and was VERY fast and thorough.

Thank you for the reply but I can not seem to find @sharps4090 on FB or as a member here. Where should I be looking?

Weldabeast

SH Member
May 23, 2019
Northeast Florida
I have been using the muddy rope for linesman and tether for a while now and I would say if I wanted to start rappelling I'd get another rope to rappel with. The sheath and core have a lot more slop/play than nicer ropes and can bunch and create some extra friction heat....I'm not an expert..just my opinion