• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My Biggest Public land buck

bowhuntr09

SH Member
Jul 28, 2018
Midlothian, VA
Good job! What was your AR chambered in? I only use AR's during firearms season. Have to laugh every time Nancy Pelosi says they aren't suitable for hunting. ;-)

Feb 23, 2018
Good job! What was your AR chambered in? I only use AR's during firearms season. Have to laugh every time Nancy Pelosi says they aren't suitable for hunting. ;-)

Thanks! It’s in 223. I like it but honestly, I probably shouldn’t have taken it out when going after a mature buck. I didn’t show it in this video but I ended up having to shoot him 6 times before he even fell down. All perfect behind the shoulder shots. It’s worked well for does and smaller bodied bucks but it could’ve cost me this buck if He were not in an open lane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBDaddy

Jan 21, 2018
Lenawee, MI
Nice video! I appreciate the effort you put into the reasoning for the spot you picked, and the extras you added (effects). I'm a Michigan boy, but I got my start deer hunting in Alabama (in fact, my avatar pic is the biggest I've ever gotten - from Carolina, AL down by Andalusia), and I've been listening to your podcast since the beginning.
I was just starting to think the last bit of the video was a bit like post-worship part of church... but then there was the victory-whiz going on, ha! Keep up the good work, man.

bowhuntr09

SH Member
Jul 28, 2018
Midlothian, VA
Thanks! It’s in 223. I like it but honestly, I probably shouldn’t have taken it out when going after a mature buck. I didn’t show it in this video but I ended up having to shoot him 6 times before he even fell down. All perfect behind the shoulder shots. It’s worked well for does and smaller bodied bucks but it could’ve cost me this buck if He were not in an open lane.

Ah, .223 is not a legal caliber for deer here in VA. I use 6.8SPC or 7.62.

Feb 23, 2018
Nice video! I appreciate the effort you put into the reasoning for the spot you picked, and the extras you added (effects). I'm a Michigan boy, but I got my start deer hunting in Alabama (in fact, my avatar pic is the biggest I've ever gotten - from Carolina, AL down by Andalusia), and I've been listening to your podcast since the beginning.
I was just starting to think the last bit of the video was a bit like post-worship part of church... but then there was the victory-whiz going on, ha! Keep up the good work, man.

Thanks man. I’m a fan of different kinda music for hunting videos. Also, comic relief, hence the whiz shot!

jbogg

Nov 26, 2018
Congrats on a nice public land deer! Enjoyed the video as well.

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
Aug 17, 2016
NW Michigan
Congratulations on a super buck. Really nice job on the video as well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its super that you got to share this with your Dad (and that he got to share it with you). Great stuff!

Feb 23, 2018
Thanks guys. There’s a part one to this trip as well where my dad kills a great buck the day before!