• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My modified muddy stick

Michaellittle

Oct 23, 2017
Louisiana
I took all of the hardware off of 1 of my muddy sticks except the cam cleat and made a longer one. The stem is 24" and between steps is 20.5". I used a lone wolf versa button and 6' of 1/4" amsteel. Weight on new stick is 2.09lbs and my other muddy stick is 2.80. Now I know that paint or stealth strips will add alittle more weight but shouldn't be much. I am going to make a continuous amsteel loop aider that I will move up with me as I climb. 20180630_114300.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

HardBall

Sep 1, 2017
Nice job! I've been looking for ways to cut weight off the Muddy 's. What is the tubing you used and where did you get it?

Michaellittle

Oct 23, 2017
Louisiana
Nice job! I've been looking for ways to cut weight off the Muddy 's. What is the tubing you used and where did you get it?
This is 1x1x1/16" aluminum from tractor supply. I first tried the single steps from a lone wolf and this light aluminum wasn't solid. With the muddy steps it is very solid with no side to side movement due to the muddy steps saddling over the aluminum tube. I'm going to test it this week and may order some 6061 aluminum in the same sizes for my finalized stick.

Reactions: HardBall

Tapeworm

SH Member
Feb 19, 2018
I took all of the hardware off of 1 of my muddy sticks except the cam cleat and made a longer one. The stem is 24" and between steps is 20.5". I used a lone wolf versa button and 6' of 1/4" amsteel. Weight on new stick is 2.09lbs and my other muddy stick is 2.80. Now I know that paint or stealth strips will add alittle more weight but shouldn't be much. I am going to make a continuous amsteel loop aider that I will move up with me as I climb. View attachment 5025

Look like a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk