• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My new favorite setup!

blt348

Vendor Rep
Found a great system and have to share the love for my fellow saddle hunters…

Been saddle hunting since 2009 and this is the slickest mobile setup I’ve found yet. I’m a leaner and platforms typically cause me to fidget and are uncomfortable. A ring of steps has been my go to but that too can be taxing on my feet and I find myself readjusting quite often. The pursuit platform is angled just right and is big enough without being too big to fit the bill while being able to shoot around the tree.

This setup is safe, quiet, comfortable, maneuverable while being somewhat economical for the serious saddle hunter. Climb 15-17 ft and be ready to hunt in under 4 minutes without breaking a sweat.

3 Latitude Outdoors Carbon Speed Series Sticks ($215 tmd BF special)
1 Pursuit Platforms V2 ($126 tmd BF special)
1 Bullman Outdoors - Silent Approach - Silent Approach ratchet strap ($20 tmd)
3 Timesaver Ropes LLC one step aiders ($39 tmd)

Total cost: $400

d59feedd68a0cf66dfa3d308b9bd60ba.jpg

bd06b4b6c0e510e30a3f5ecebac22280.jpg

b3e0ccd2f6b9a04387d78ef5b2154305.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How long have you been using the Latitude sticks?
I have been eying them.
Any comments on the sticks?

I did the one sticking gig two seasons ago and it wasn’t worth the extra sweat, and noise but it sure was fun. I’ve ran ocb straps on steps and am ok sacrificing weight for zero platform setting.

I use the exact same setup as you, except I added a 4th carbon stick. I love it too! Although I haven’t been hunting many spots I can use the system this year.

I never thought to stick the platform in between the sticks like that. Awesome idea! I’ll have to try that.

I did the one sticking gig two seasons ago and it wasn’t worth the extra sweat, and noise but it sure was fun. I’ve ran ocb straps on steps and am ok sacrificing weight for zero platform setting.

I think with that platform the rachet is the best way to go. I bet she is solid!

Climb 15-17 ft and be ready to hunt in under 4 minutes without breaking a sweat.

You can remove this climbing gear and platform from your person(or pack), deploy it for climbing, set 3 sticks while either tethered to the tree or using a lineman’s belt to maintain four points of contact, set your platform with a ratchet strap, and be standing on that platform tethered in…

… in under 4 minutes?

You can remove this climbing gear and platform from your person(or pack), deploy it for climbing, set 3 sticks while either tethered to the tree or using a lineman’s belt to maintain four points of contact, set your platform with a ratchet strap, and be standing on that platform tethered in…

… in under 4 minutes?
I don’t see an issue with that, aren’t you able to set one stick in 1min or less? Really how long does it take to set one stick? 20 seconds max.

Climbing without a LB or tether, sure. Doing it safely, no way. Granted, I usually don't climb phone poles
Yes,but we are talking 3 sticks without aiders and a platform. 4 minutes with a flip line climbing safely and pulling up you bow once your on the platform can easily be done in 4 min or less.
I personally don’t climb that’s fast, not because I can’t but I’m usually in some thick bedding so I’m taking my good old time and trying to be quiet.

Last edited:
Yes,but we are talking 3 sticks without aiders and a platform. 4 minutes with a flip line climbing safely and pulling up you bow once your on the platform can easily be done in 4 min or less.
I personally don’t climb that’s fast, not because I can’t but I’m usually in some thick bedding so I’m taking my good old time and trying to be quiet.

Feller is using aiders.

And I was asking for clarification if he can unpack it, rig it on his person to prepare to climb, climb, set his platform with a ratchet strap, set tether, and be standing on the platform in 4 minutes. That was the implication.

I do agree that setting and climbing 3 sticks can easily be done in 4-5 minutes quietly and safely if you have a good system for hanging them on you.

I just wanted to know if he was offering a complete representation of the time/effort.

Feller is using aiders.

And I was asking for clarification if he can unpack it, rig it on his person to prepare to climb, climb, set his platform with a ratchet strap, set tether, and be standing on the platform in 4 minutes. That was the implication.

I do agree that setting and climbing 3 sticks can easily be done in 4-5 minutes quietly and safely if you have a good system for hanging them on you.

I just wanted to know if he was offering a complete representation of the time/effort.
Sorry I didn’t see them , so yeah that definitely adds time and more caution…

Back