• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My sister's first two deer - my favorite bow hunt

BCHunter

Vendor Rep
Here is my sister's hunt from last November, it's so much fun to help new hunters get their first deer, let alone family. She was in my loaner lone wolf tree stand, it made me remember how much I hate setting those things up. Filming someone in a tree stand from a saddle just works though. We froze our butts off hanging in a tree for 9+ hrs, but we saw some huge squirrels and I was also able to film her shoot her first two deer! Please let me know what you think!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Here is my sister's hunt from last November, it's so much fun to help new hunters get their first deer, let alone family. She was in my loaner lone wolf tree stand, it made me remember how much I hate setting those things up. Filming someone in a tree stand from a saddle just works though. We froze our butts off hanging in a tree for 9+ hrs, but we saw some huge squirrels and I was also able to film her shoot her first two deer! Please let me know what you think!

Nice!!! Do you only shoot doubles Justin?? :tearsofjoy:

Where did she hit the buck? Looked a little low and in front of the leg maybe?

Where did she hit the buck? Looked a little low and in front of the leg maybe?
Yup, not ideal, but in the video you can hear me say " good shot" only because blood started pouring out immediately.

Two in the same day from the same tree with the exact same shot window. Wow man. Wow.
Yeah, it's a crazy good rut spot in between a few bedding areas. I don't think I would have set up there, except the year before I came upon a scrape that was in snow from the morning. I missed a huge 8, that night and shot a small 9 the next week. I'll be trying a decoy there this year :)

"Now I get why everyone loves deer hunting". Awesome, congrats to you both. Did you recover the doe?
Yeah, the blood trail was pretty bad, it was high double lung, but she didn't get all the way through. I think she needs to get a little heavier arrows this year. She was using a small 4 blade fixed, so that wasn't the issue.

After dealing with the buck and a bad blood trail, filming was the last thing on our minds, haha.

Congratulations to her! You’re a nice brother, you must be making up for your childhood! Lol j/k...I did have 3 older sisters! Good luck to you both this season!
Haha, thanks, I'd say we're even now :) good luck to you too!

i love the "HOOOOLEY CRAYYYUP!" nice video. Shes hooked. Got lucky on that buck! Sprayin blood like a horror movie. did she hit the jugular or catch vitals still.

i love the "HOOOOLEY CRAYYYUP!" nice video. Shes hooked. Got lucky on that buck! Sprayin blood like a horror movie. did she hit the jugular or catch vitals still.
Thanks! Pretty sure she just hit the jugular. Not sure if you could see it too well in the video, but it was spraying immediately. She's already talking about me getting her back there, haha

Thanks! Pretty sure she just hit the jugular. Not sure if you could see it too well in the video, but it was spraying immediately. She's already talking about me getting her back there, haha

Oh yea! you could see blood spraying immediately. Hear shots dont spray like that because the hearts not pumping right when you cut it. Jug shot makes some evil dead mess

Was it a heart shot?
The main heart wasn't hit, but it could have been one of the arteries in front? But I think it was the jugular

Oh yea! you could see blood spraying immediately. Hear shots dont spray like that because the hearts not pumping right when you cut it. Jug shot makes some evil dead mess
There definitely was a lot less blood than normal when we were gutting it :)

@BCHunter - what a great experience to share - and to get it all on film, too! That’s icing on the cake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely! I'm kinda glad she didn't shoot the first 10 pointer, we would have missed a lot that day and had no video to relive it. Haha

Back