• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nashville tornadoes

I lived outside Nashville for a couple years. My daughter was born in hendersonville. I was there for the 2010 flood and the city and surrounding areas really came together. I hope all our peeps are accounted for and ok. I would still live there had it not been for the flood halting all work for months....

Spoke to family in Cumberland county. Looks like all the action was north of them. They will be organizing some relief out of their church in Crossville.

Prayers for all affected.

Sent from d_mobile

I live in Brentwood, which is also 5-10 miles south of the storm’s path. Folks to be concerned about are those in a line from Ashland City to Lebanon, running across the north side of downtown Nashville.

I live in Murfreesboro and we are fine. I was at the predators hockey game 2 hours before it hit. Thankfully we didn’t hang around after...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live in Brentwood, which is also 5-10 miles south of the storm’s path. Folks to be concerned about are those in a line from Ashland City to Lebanon, running across the north side of downtown Nashville.
State industries/ a.o. smith has bad luck with natural disasters

This picture shows the state of things for miles across a fairly narrow band of destruction. Where the tornado blew it sandblasted all of the paint off of cars in some places, covered tree tops with insulation like pink snow, moved roofs into other streets, or in some cases simply obliterated whole structures. It is very wild to see in person and hard to describe properly. This thing came on so fast that the sirens didn't come on in time and most residents had little to no warning until it was on them. I talked to a guy today who had his bedroom wall and roof ripped out over his head as he jumped out of bed... in the nude... and swan dove headfirst down his full flight of stairs and wound up hitting the front door as windows on both sides of the door blew out. Many describe their ears aching and popping from the air pressure change while in their basements. The great news is there has been a huge response and the number of people down there today helping and working blew my mind.

Nado.jpeg

In Nolensville, again not a lot of damage south of I-40. Ashland City to Cookeville is pretty much flat. The tornado was on the ground for 50 miles. Hoping to head to the storm path in the next few days to clean up debris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have never been in or assisted right behind a tornado it is difficult to adequately capture or explain the shear magnitude of destruction that takes place in a matter of seconds. Continued prayers for all those impacted.

I wonder if the sirens gave any warning? I remember the first time I heard them not knowing what it was...kinda scary

If you have never been in or assisted right behind a tornado it is difficult to adequately capture or explain the shear magnitude of destruction that takes place in a matter of seconds. Continued prayers for all those impacted.
We had a tornado pass through our area last year. Pictures never do justice to what actually happens. It's just different seeing it in person. Prayers to all those involved and espically to those who lost loved ones.

I'm not sure Nashville has sirens with the invent of smart phones, they were having a conversation about it on the radio and I didn't get to hear it all, they were saying the sirens are only good if your outside? not sure how true this is

Dang. Just now seeing this. Glad the crew is ok.

My aunt is a nurse and has horror-stories to tell about the aftermath of the Tuscaloosa tornado. Hospital staff had to go to mandatory counseling and therapy sessions. Parent coming in holding mangled kids and stuff like that.

I'll take a hurricane over a tornado any day. At least I can see the thing coming at me from Africa!

Back