• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Neoprene or Rubber Boots for Wide Feet

Wirrex

Staff member
SH Member
I am in the market for new boots. My Muck Woody Elites finally gave up the ghost. I didn’t wear them a lot because they fit tight.

I have very wide feet. Are there any rubber/neoprene boots specifically made in wides? I can’t find any.

I have an old pair of Cabela's I have used for a while. One size bigger and has been the widest I have found so far. They fit good with a thick pair of socks. Everything else I have tried as well is snug. Following.

Wide feet suck, I have the added issue of a high instep. I've been wearing Muck Wetland boots for several years; while not really wide, they seem to have enough "stretch" to be tolerable.

A second for the Cabelas rubber boot. I only get about 2 seasons out of them and, depending on whether they're intended for cold or warmer weather I buy them two or one size larger respectively. They do fit my wide feet though.

I have reaaaallly wide feet and it is a battle. I finally found a pair that fit well, but they are at my hunting camp and for the life of me I can't remember what they are. Commenting here so I can find this later after I've been at camp to see what brand they are.

I will try to remember and let you know.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Have you looked into the offerings from DryShod? I have the Haymaker’s and they’re naturally built wider imho. I don’t have wide feet but these seem to have a little play in them side to side. Unless you’re constantly in swampy and marshy habitat l, you may want to consider getting away from the Wellington style boots for hunting overall. I did this year and really my feet didn’t get cold much at all. I also added the toe warmers to underneath my wool socks and I’ll have to say I was pretty skeptical of them but it was truly pleasantly surprised. My point is you may be able to find wider offerings in a hunting boot style rather than a barn boot style.

Have you looked into the offerings from DryShod? I have the Haymaker’s and they’re naturally built wider imho. I don’t have wide feet but these seem to have a little play in them side to side. Unless you’re constantly in swampy and marshy habitat l, you may want to consider getting away from the Wellington style boots for hunting overall. I did this year and really my feet didn’t get cold much at all. I also added the toe warmers to underneath my wool socks and I’ll have to say I was pretty skeptical of them but it was truly pleasantly surprised. My point is you may be able to find wider offerings in a hunting boot style rather than a barn boot style.

I prefer to hunt in hikers because they actually fit my feet but some spots require rubber boots.

I will have to try the dryshods. A friend of mine also suggested them.

I wear size 12.5/13EE and lacrosse aerohead / aerohead sport are my goto rubber boots. Very wide and comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s me. I have a wide foot and the dryshods work pretty well for me

I don't know if these are still available, but they fit my very wide feet well.
f2ea08ae26086fadd436af0d68a0c396.jpg
08b3f1552abe49c866c47831b9c5685f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

lacrosse aerohunters have a wide toe box.....i usually wear 12 wides but the regular 12s in those and i'm swimming a bit

i don't know about other lacrosse boots because those are all i've tried

i also have muddy arctic pros in just 12 and they are wide enough

to give you an idea of my foot width....my lowa renegade gtx 12 wides are a bit too narrow for me....most european made wides are not wide enough and i purposefully try to find big toe box boots

danner wides are just wide enough for me but do not feel roomy

my preferred wides for fit are keen and merrel wides, with those i can get that nice toe spread and wiggle

Last edited:
I wear size 12.5/13EE and lacrosse aerohead / aerohead sport are my goto rubber boots. Very wide and comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Another vote here for Aeroheads, I have wide feet and these fit pretty well.

Back