• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New climbing method (possibly)

parkersdad

This may have already been tried so if it has I’m sorry upfront. And before I get started explaining I understand that I will have to come up with a way to hook the carabiner where it puts weight on more of the platform instead of one area. Anyway lots of people use a Lone Wolf hand climber. I had the thought of hooking my five step aider to the bottom and climbing up. For me this was easy. Hopefully this will generate conversation and we can come up with a new method for people to choose.
201c6aa10d1ff38c1a40e3f785006389.jpg
eb9bd8eb5e6b036f4be65dd0a6e20882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you using the platform more as a hand hold and the aider for your feet then moving up and repeat? If so, could save moves vs using it on your feet, assuming you like the aider.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Yes that is exactly what I am trying. So far it seems to work well

You could always sew up some webbing so that it makes a Y and you could attach each end of the Y to the platform at opposite ends. Or just sew in a loop on end of webbing and run another piece of webbing through the loop with a rated carabiner on each side.

Not sure why it posted twice

It’s been used before as a way to get the climber above the fat base on some trees. Ic could also allow you to climb down to stabilize the base and as an emergency decent device should the climber fail.

Does it work on all climbing "area"? Or what is the meaning of this platform, and what exactly does it help?
I do not want to seem rude. I was interested in this method, I just want to understand in more detail.

@parkersdad how does this work exactly? You climb up the aider and then what? Somehow climb onto the HC? Or tie tether onto tree and push HC up?

Yes you climb up the aider and step onto the platform. I will more than likely still use the one stick method. However I was just playing around in the yard and thought about this.

Back