• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from Middle TN

Epictetus

Hello from Middle Tennessee! I have been saddle hunting for 5 years. My first saddle was a Tethrd Mantis and this year I got a used (very little) Tethrd Phantom. I started out with modified Hawk Heliums and a Predator platform. Still using the platform but am transitioning into one-sticking with my platform and a modified Hawk Helium stick with two step aider. I am interested in the EWO one stick system all in one piece one stick. I am a little leery of that system because I doubt that the angled (small) platform is as comfortable as my larger platform. So any insight into the comfort of hunting atop that smaller platform is appreciated. I love the mobility of saddle hunting and the freedom of hanging in trees.

Welcome from Michigan.
My only complaint is for the smaller one stick platform would be the inability to stand up. Getting my saddle set just right after a climb sometimes requires taking the pressure off, and I find that hard to do with the small platform. Early season 3-4 hr hunt I can deal. But not all day..

Back