• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from NW Ohio

Redhorse3e351

I guess I never really introduced myself on here. I am from Lima Ohio area. I just discovered the saddle platform late last winter have only had a couple of hunts thus far but am really enjoying it other than the crazy amount of money that I have spent mainly on different climbing methods. Still trying to find whats best for me. Everyone on here has been awesome, I have learned so much and cant wait for season to start. I have never hunted public ground but find myself thinking alot about venturing out more with a saddle. I am pretty fortunate that I have always had pretty good private ground to hunt right at home, this also has always kind of handicapped me also because its so easy to walk out of the garage and be in the stand in ten minutes. The saddle has really opened up an entire new thought for me cause I hate scouting new places and finding great ones at that but come season I cant stand the idea of going there to find someone else near by. This method makes it so easy to adjust on the fly. Thanks in advance to all whom have posted things for me to learn from and this great community!

I agree with you. I have only hunted private until last year. But looking for some more adventure I have been slowly moving into some public. I was driving 45mins for it. So why not get some more hunts in near by. Plus I hated being locked into certain locations where my stands where. At least now I am mobile through the property. I can adjust for wind, sign, changing coverage in the trees, and where everyone else is hunting.

I agree with you. I have only hunted private until last year. But looking for some more adventure I have been slowly moving into some public. I was driving 45mins for it. So why not get some more hunts in near by. Plus I hated being locked into certain locations where my stands where. At least now I am mobile through the property. I can adjust for wind, sign, changing coverage in the trees, and where everyone else is hunting.
My situation has changed alot over the last couple years since the family sold the farm more and more people every year seem to get permission to hunt what use to be all to me and although the new owners have been very good to me, its slowly making me want to find new spots. Or ones that I've always had just didn't hunt cause who wants to move good stands.

Good Luck from Bucyrus OH. Not Far Away If You Need Any Help// I Use Steps and a Ring of Steps if You Need to Try Them. I Also Hunt From a Recon. You're Welcome to Try Anything I Have.

Good Luck from Bucyrus OH. Not Far Away If You Need Any Help// I Use Steps and a Ring of Steps if You Need to Try Them. I Also Hunt From a Recon. You're Welcome to Try Anything I Have.
Thanks, may take you up on that some day. I get up that way quite a bit for Basketball games. I went with the mantis myself and a predator but may want to try a different saddle at some point. Kind of like climbing I think I bought about everything. Have to try it all at least once

Welcome from Toledo!

Like @Blacksmith said, you're more than welcome to try any of the assorted things I have:
Phantom/Cruzr XC (still trying to choose one), Hawk Helium full size and mini, WE Stepps, rappelling setup (Oplux/Safeguard), etc... Just let me know.

I guess I never really introduced myself on here. I am from Lima Ohio area. I just discovered the saddle platform late last winter have only had a couple of hunts thus far but am really enjoying it other than the crazy amount of money that I have spent mainly on different climbing methods. Still trying to find whats best for me. Everyone on here has been awesome, I have learned so much and cant wait for season to start. I have never hunted public ground but find myself thinking alot about venturing out more with a saddle. I am pretty fortunate that I have always had pretty good private ground to hunt right at home, this also has always kind of handicapped me also because its so easy to walk out of the garage and be in the stand in ten minutes. The saddle has really opened up an entire new thought for me cause I hate scouting new places and finding great ones at that but come season I cant stand the idea of going there to find someone else near by. This method makes it so easy to adjust on the fly. Thanks in advance to all whom have posted things for me to learn from and this great community!

Welcome! Glad you found saddle hunting. No doubt it has changed the game for me. I’m not too far north of you in NW Ohio. Near Findlay area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also not far from you in the Findlay area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back