• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New from the Top of WV

Woodsroamer

I have been interested in saddle hunting for a couple years and finally bit the bullet to try it. Hoping to do more bow hunting on the local wma this year with it. Been hunting most of my life, mostly on the ground still hunting. I am really interested to try it come rifle season seems like it will be a handy tool in my arsenal.

Welcome to the madness... from South East Georgia!!! saddle hunting is definitely a great tool to add to your arsenal... it has actually put all my other tools on the shelf over the past couple years. Practice, Practice, be safe and have fun this season!!!

Welcome to the madness... from South East Georgia!!! saddle hunting is definitely a great tool to add to your arsenal... it has actually put all my other tools on the shelf over the past couple years. Practice, Practice, be safe and have fun this season!!!
I definitely need practice I am saving up to get a grigri and am using a guide atc. First tree I messed up my rigging and accomplished getting stuck a couple feet off the ground.

I definitely need practice I am saving up to get a grigri and am using a guide atc. First tree I messed up my rigging and accomplished getting stuck a couple feet off the ground.
A couple feet off the ground is a great place to mess up. I stayed at around 1 foot off the ground for at least a week. I spent a lot of time just practicing transferring from my lineman's belt to my Tether and I did this early in the morning and late in the evening after I felt comfortable just to simulate the real thing. My best advice is to practice until you can't get it wrong instead just practicing until you get it right.

A couple feet off the ground is a great place to mess up. I stayed at around 1 foot off the ground for at least a week. I spent a lot of time just practicing transferring from my lineman's belt to my Tether and I did this early in the morning and late in the evening after I felt comfortable just to simulate the real thing. My best advice is to practice until you can't get it wrong instead just practicing until you get it right.
Yeah I did 2 good pulls up and said decided to repel down figure I would just do elevators go up one more pull at a time between repels.

Back