• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Gear Release 2022!

Not new new 22. But new to me. Picked up an elite remedy that was celebrating its 1year birthday. If that hadn’t popped up I was going after a new bow. Elite or bowtech most likely.

Other than that…no new tech for me…said no one ever. Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will there be an ata this year?

I love watching YouTube ata videos and playing the ata video drinking game:

1. 1 sip of beer every time they say prototype
2. One shot every time the interviewer tells them they are the “industry leader in mobile…..”.
3. Finish your beer every time there is a loud metal ting during the demo that causes everyone to wince
4. Shotgun a beer every time the company rep won’t give a straight answer on when the product will be in production or available to ship

We’ve lost a lot of good men in this forum to rule #4. Death by alcohol poisoning. RIP gentlemen.

And to the Tributes of this 22nd Centennial ATA Drinking Games we salute you! May the odds be ever in your favor!

Last edited:
I hope that pad./cushion is included in the sale, not an add on. No one needs to be in pain just to carry a platform ;)
I would need to see the tests with the final material, this one looks a bit too squishy for a big guy like me!

I hope that pad./cushion is included in the sale, not an add on. No one needs to be in pain just to carry a platform ;)
I would need to see the tests with the final material, this one looks a bit too squishy for a big guy like me!

Yeah, this is really weird. The way I read their announcement below, the platform they're showing is basically a 3d printed PLA prototype.

So they don't even really have a prototype, just a model?

I hope they are at ATA for @Patriot . I imagine a whole lot of sips following that conversation.

FRP / GRP will be a much less squishy material, so there's that. But there is a certain amount of squishiness to this product release for certain (and they were pushing to market last July too).

D2F709DF-2E25-4343-A74C-D2517CA0353A.png

Attachments

• 2740FF66-F88B-45A8-A620-3FF871C4D72E.png
    2740FF66-F88B-45A8-A620-3FF871C4D72E.png
    926.8 KB · Views: 258
Yeah, this is really weird. The way I read their announcement below, the platform they're showing is basically a 3d printed PLA prototype.

So they don't even really have a prototype, just a model?

I hope they are at ATA for @Patriot . I imagine a whole lot of sips following that conversation.

FRP / GRP will be a much less squishy material, so there's that. But there is a certain amount of squishiness to this product release for certain (and they were pushing to market last July too).

View attachment 59857
Looks like presale starts next Tuesday for $100. I’m not interested in crowd funding saddle startups anymore. But looks like a cool idea for someone who wants one……. But why wouldn’t you just buy a scout…..

Looks like presale starts next Tuesday for $100. I’m not interested in crowd funding saddle startups anymore. But looks like a cool idea for someone who wants one……. But why wouldn’t you just buy a scout…..
exactly!

Rigidity and material strength aside, I suppose upside is the Pursuit is 7" deep vs 4".

The both flat and slanted platform capability doesn't separate them, as you're not likely to switch once setup and the Solo Scout has both variations.

The stick quiver totally boggles my mind. Here's this ultralight minimalist platform and you're going to carry 1" tube sticks horizontally on it...strapped directly to your lumbar :grimacing:

From all I can tell that is the highest degree of lean on a production platform....hit ur release against a chunk of aluminum or plastic....both gonna make noise but I think plastic thunk vs metal ring ding maybe better for setting up close to deer

Weren't there some folks here who made DIY soft saddle platforms. Something like this might be a starting point for something like that, as an exoskeleton, given it's safe.

Anyway, I'm only watching because the mechanics of these startups fascinates me.

Weren't there some folks here who made DIY soft saddle platforms. Something like this might be a starting point for something like that, as an exoskeleton, given it's safe.

Anyway, I'm only watching because the mechanics of these startups fascinates me.

me too. I love business. I love watching the ecology of our particular niche of saddle hunting market evolve.

like right now I’m fascinated by where Tethrd is and where they are going. I feel like they are in a pivot moment. Started as the first to really do it right, grass roots support, ACTUAL marketing (sorry aerohunter) and they brought the basics to market, light saddle and platform. FIRE strategy. Brought a lot of us to this sport.

but their market position isn’t that anymore, they are not the go to for the basics. Saddles and platforms became too competitive. Predator is the best piece of kit on earth imo but their saddles…. Not so much. But even platforms have tons of great options.

yet, with accessories they rock. Innovation, they still rock. Marketing, they rock. But what is Tethrd trying to become? I sincerely doubt their goal is to be the most innovative in accessories and hope their sticks carry them. looks like they are considering the Goldilocks strategy too with Skeletors. Intro the premium then offer something less that’s priced just right.

Their marketing is basically so good that I think other companies are using them to bring new users to market hoping they can poach them before they make their buying decision. But sometimes noobs are loyal to them. We see it here all the time. A noob the other day was asking the forums for advice on ropes and said he was buying Tethrd case closed and he didn’t know why hahah! I love it. Good for Tethrd!

fascinating.

Last edited:
interesting

i dunno man. Looks like a bulky scout? Just your toes for real estate?

nice try with the pack support idea. I would bet dollars to donuts that idea came up when they whiteboarded the product COMMERCIAL and not the product CONCEPT lol. C’mon….

Back