• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New guy from Atlanta, GA area

fwafwow

Happy to join the site. After years of waffling about trying saddle hunting, I recently dipped my toe in the water by purchasing the Mini Drey "kit" (including the Mutiny harness) from Dryad (and a few other items), plus the LB, Tether and Kong Duck from Tetherd. Now I just have to get the hang of them. I come from a background of treestand hunting, and at the moment I'm planning on using the new gear for more safety in the treestand. I'm not yet ready to take the full saddle plunge. I welcome any suggestions!

Last edited:
Welcome from Michigan! Did you get a belt or do you have a harness? The mini drey isn't intended to hold you as a stand alone. It is pretty comfortable though, I've got one too!

Good luck!

Welcome from New Jersey. Imagine this. Your walking in on a November morning… all you have is your weapon, some rope, and a climbing stick. Priceless

Welcome from Michigan! Did you get a belt or do you have a harness? The mini drey isn't intended to hold you as a stand alone. It is pretty comfortable though, I've got one too!

Good luck!
Sorry - typed too fast. I got the Mini Drey "kit" that includes the Mutiny belt and the Mini Hammock. I'm editing the first post to fix that. I'm such a rookie that I have never used a LB before, so there should be a steep learning curve. I'm looking forward to wading through the info on here.

Welcome from New Jersey. Imagine this. Your walking in on a November morning… all you have is your weapon, some rope, and a climbing stick. Priceless
That sounds amazing. But I have not only a long ways to go in adding the stick and maybe a platform, but I'm a gear junkie. Even when I can shed the backpack (I tend to lighten up my load as unsuccessful days pass), I'm still at least toting a bino pack (with a few items stuffed in the pockets), LRF and a TQ. But going in with the bare essentials would be refreshing!

Welcome from Minnesota. This site should answer almost all questions you have
I've been minimally active on AT, and a more material participant on RS, so I'm hoping that I will exercise some restraint - and use of the search feature - before I load up with all of my uninformed questions.

Happy to join the site. After years of waffling about trying saddle hunting, I recently dipped my toe in the water by purchasing the Mini Drey "kit" (including the Mutiny harness) from Dryad (and a few other items), plus the LB, Tether and Kong Duck from Tetherd. Now I just have to get the hang of them. I come from a background of treestand hunting, and at the moment I'm planning on using the new gear for more safety in the treestand. I'm not yet ready to take the full saddle plunge. I welcome any suggestions!
Jump on in the water is fine! Lose the tree stand you will not regret it.

There will be a get together in Feb here in northeast Florida if u wanted to make drive down for a weekend.... camp, shoot pigs, and try out lots of different saddle stuff....long drive but u might have a fun time

There will be a get together in Feb here in northeast Florida if u wanted to make drive down for a weekend.... camp, shoot pigs, and try out lots of different saddle stuff....long drive but u might have a fun time
Thanks! It’s a bit early to commit, but I’m interested. Please let me know when more details are available. I’ve spent a good bit of time in the panhandle.

What sticks do you have?

I’m in deep, and I may need help - knowledge and an intervention.
I’ve been saddle hunting for 3 seasons and rock climbed for a decade in my younger days. I’m in Flowery Branch any questions you have hit me up.

Back