• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Member SC

palmetto_medic

Good evening gents, I am a new hunter from SC in Edgefield. Looks like a great group here and I enjoy the banter!

I have been an arborist for 25 years so when I got my deer tags and hunting license this year I was surprised to find out there is a cult following of people who hunt with climbing gear, so you imagine how psyched I am! I didn't know about scouting so I have been playing catch up with in season scouting. I did see a giant doe which I could have killed, but after all day being in a tree staring at the woods I spaced and she hopped out of a bedding area. My feet were asleep and I had my phone in my had instead of my rifle Anyways, I was casting a shadow from the sun and my slightest movement to get a video of her resulted in giving my position away.

I climb SRT, if y'all ever need any advice on that I am happy to help.

I have learned so much here and I appreciate that, sincerely! Some really excellent quality content not just about saddle hunting, but hunting in general.

No, I don't wear a helmet in the tree but a blaze orange Protos sounds like a winner to me!

I hunt public land and like the adventure sport quality of hunting wild and mobile in contrast with hunting from a stand over corn, although I see the benefits of it and am open to that but have never done it.

Matt

I know where Edgefield is. We used to go to Turkey calling contests in Edgefield. I grew up in Union and have lived in Greenville and Spartanburg. I’m in Missouri now.

Nice to meet you, man! I like Missouri, been to Fort Leonard Wood. Some challenging terrain up there. I hear there's not much turkey actually here and Pickens county is the place to go. Let me know if you know differently.

Nice to meet you, man! I like Missouri, been to Fort Leonard Wood. Some challenging terrain up there. I hear there's not much turkey actually here and Pickens county is the place to go. Let me know if you know differently.
I haven’t Turkey hunted in SC in a while. My folks still live in the Upstate and seem to have plenty. I’m sure there are some other members who can give you better info.

Welcome from Anderson, SC area. We sometimes do a meetup out near the NC/SC border near Charlotte, Clover, SC.

Back