• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New Predator Bracket

GBlevins92

Anyone else see these?

2d2e4d8ef9271cc1030d181a857a37b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw this in a previous post already, but it’s definitely interesting. I swapped mine out with a 6 point xop already and it definitely helped bite down. I also have a Gen1 so the extra help is nice.

Yeah I saw this in a previous post already, but it’s definitely interesting. I swapped mine out with a 6 point xop already and it definitely helped bite down. I also have a Gen1 so the extra help is nice.

Had been thinking about grabbing the 6 point bracket but might grab one of these to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I broke my bracket recently and they sent me the old style. I constantly worry about that one breaking as well. Wish they would have sent me this one.

X2 I did the same thing. the original bracket did not like pine trees very well. So put the Xop 6 pt on which I already had and it resolved the problem.

I'm going to get one of these new brackets as well. I can get my Predator (Gen. 2) tight, but always wish I could get it a little tighter.

So it looks like it is thicker, but the shape of it is about the same. May be a bit lighter with the holes in it, but then it is thicker so maybe not? Have you put it on a tree yet? Any difference in the bite?

I haven’t installed it yet or weighed it. I’m assuming it’s lighter. It is thicker in profile but doesn’t necessarily feel any “sharper” than the original. I’ll get it on and try it on a tree this afternoon.

Not sure how much this will help? Wouldn't just filing/sharpening the original post help about the same?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Ok Gents, I swapped and weighed the individual parts. The new bracket is heavier and bites into a tree no better than the original which brings me to the conclusion that both suck. I’m not a fan of the original and my first thought upon first mounting it to a tree when it was new was, “This bracket sucks.” I plan to return it and buy the one Dan-O sells.

Attachments

• 6BB56E3D-C5F4-4CCE-B5ED-C0344D4BC009.jpeg
    6BB56E3D-C5F4-4CCE-B5ED-C0344D4BC009.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 90
  • 9E6C3A58-F814-4C4D-AB39-C5629253AA2C.jpeg
    9E6C3A58-F814-4C4D-AB39-C5629253AA2C.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 96
  • C483A189-1C4F-47B3-AC8F-D2723EA08AA0.jpeg
    C483A189-1C4F-47B3-AC8F-D2723EA08AA0.jpeg
    86.7 KB · Views: 97
Back