• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

New sit drag saddle done (for now)

Ctclimberguy42

Hello, well I ordered my sit drag, I didn't really want to wait for the Kestral, & since I'm new at this saddle thing, I didnt want to drop the coin just yet.Anyway, I stitched up the loops into 3rds to stiffen, I added a waist belt & some loops on the back for attachment points.I did 1 locked brummel & 1 buried loop that I stitched per Samson website for the bridge using 1/4" amsteel. I have 2 Stepps for a platform. I hung out in it for a while (18" high) slinging some arrows different directions. I think I'm gonna like this thing. I will use a RC harness for back up.I will give it a go tomorrow. I dont have my climbing "nailed" down yet to do in the dark so I will prob just use my stand as a platform for now & do a bit of climbing in the daylight.I played around with the 1 stick/aider method & I think that is gonna be fine. Thank you for the ideas.

Attachments

• 20171005_181814.jpg
    20171005_181814.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 94
  • 20171005_181814.jpg
    20171005_181814.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 88
Looks good! That's exactly how I set mine up...sewn in belt, molle loops, amsteel bridge. That's all you need!

so when youre climbing one stick use your rc harness to free hang while moving the stick. Use your sitdrag as your linemans loops while standing on your stick and adjusting your tether. Be safe

Yeah, I actually added a length of webbing around my RC harness with 2 loops ( diy sportsman style) I played around w/ it today & it seems to work pretty well.

Back