• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Newb from Long Island, NY

Mbm2191

Joined back at the beginning of the month. Didn't realize there was a thread like this.

Kept hearing about this site on various YouTube channels. My goal was to try saddle hunting this past summer and have everything dialed in ready for the season opener Oct 1st but having a newborn at home and this crazy busy world we live in got in the way. Any ways, was keeping an eye on black Friday sales and was going to pull the trigger on a hawk saddle that was in sale for $200~ for the kit. But missed out because I was in upsate NY gun hunting and had very little cell service for the week.

Any way decided to join and got my hands on some nice gear second hand which is better in my opinion anyway, this way I'm not out a ton of money if I hate it. Any way just waiting on my climbing sticks to come in the mail and I will be all set. Can't wait to have my first sit.

So far this has been a wealth of knowledge and can't wait to dive in more and keep learning.

Welcome neighbor. I’m from Jersey. I started collecting saddle gear in the late spring. Now I’m on my 4th saddle and prepping to make a diy saddle after winter bow ends. What saddle did you end up with?

Welcome from Pennsylvania. Great knowledge and people on this site! Keep an eye out in the classifieds there is always gear popping up for good prices. You have plenty of time to keep an eye out through winter and spring for good deals

Back