• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Pabbott3323

Thanks for the add...I am a 48 year old Saddle noob. Looking for advice on equipment...what I have bought so far:

Tethrd Phanton Elite kit
8 mm linemen belt and tether with Kong decender
Cruzer the seeker platform
Wild edge single step with Aiders
Tethrd HYS tree strap with accessories for bow and back packs
Tetherd knee pads
3d gripper and versa hanger.

What else do I need? Not everything has been delivered yet, so I haven't even begun

Welcome from Central Illinois! I would suggest 5.5mm to 6mm accessory cord and practice friction hitches until you become proficient enough to get yourself out of situations that can occur if you don't plan for them. There is a lot of really great information on here to help you.

Practice with your equipment, find a local area to climb with everything on . Take your target with you and practice shooting from all the positions. The more you do this the more proficient you will be when that time comes . This will also help you learn your ropes and processes . Start with a comfortable short distance between steps before you go further apart . Stay safe out there and welcome from Texas .

Back