• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Nitrile gloves

Root

_20181028_231603.JPG
Since I've been asked a few times I'll share my pros and cons in a lengthy thorough post about my nitrile gloves.

8+ years ago I used to always end up with wet gloves hunting in the snow. From climbing up frozen sticks, to brushing off snow from my stands or just the walk in. So I decided to put a pair on over my gloves until I was set up in the stand. Bingo no more wet gloves. Since then I wear a pair almost every hunt on my way in. I keep my scentlok jacket sleeve pulled over them just incase.

pros/things I've used them for: over my gloves to keep them dry, tree prepping especially pines, unlike most gloves you can actually feel what your touching, cut fingers off for rifle / muzzleloader barrel cap, covering lens on scope when my cap broke, covering binoculars lens when I lost the caps, put my non waterproof range finder in during downpour, put over my bow sights during heavy snow storm, gutting critters, I'm sure there's more.

cons: when really cold they can have a bit of plastic type sound when moving your hands, sometimes your hands will sweat if warn for longer periods of time.

i recommend at least 6 mil thickness anything thinner usually will tare.

I wear nitrile gloves everyday for working on people’s “not-so-pearly-whites”. I agree they are great for the woods! It may be obvious but I also use em when gutting and cleaning deer. Way easier clean up.

I was old school for a very long time and never wore gloves gutting - that's not manly. But cleanup sure is easier with nitrile gloves and I've been a convert for a few years. Amateur tip - let the deer carry your dirty gloves out and don't leave them behind or worry about putting them in a baggie to pack out. Just stuff the gloves into its mouth.

Back