• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Non adjustable bridges

TreeRecon

Am I the only one who never uses the adjustment on their bridge ? I ripped the bridge out of my Lonestar today and replaced it with some Poison Moon.

Started saddle hunting last season and I can count the number of times I've adjusted the prussic. But maybe it's just me ...

My bridge gets moved at least 5 times on each hunt- tighten up at the truck before the walk in, loosen slightly for the climb up no matter what method I’m using, loosen to hunting length once at height, then tighten back up for the rappel down (I do this most of the time, but not always), tighten up for the walk out, then loosen to take the saddle off. I don’t necessarily “adjust” it per se. I have a set length I like it to be when I hunt, so much so that I have a simple overhand knot tied as a stopper at that length for when I’m hunting.

If I didn’t have a preference to climb and rappel with a shorter bridge I would probably just leave it at one length and tuck the extra in. For me, though I have found that there is this one shorter length where I can climb and rappel easier without banging the safeguard into everything.

If I didn’t have a preference to climb and rappel with a shorter bridge I would probably just leave it at one length and tuck the extra in. For me, though I have found that there is this one shorter length where I can climb and rappel easier without banging the safeguard into everything.
Yes sir. If you ever climb Ddrt it also allows you a slightly longer pull from the tail… so you climb faster

I do have two fixed bridges. A one side biner clipped short one for rope climbing and a longer hunting bridge. Friction hitches are in the way when the bridge is sliding through the carabiner of the tether while rotating to 6 o'clock.

I used to adjust mine the same as others. Tight for the walk in if i was wearing it, short for the climb, long for the hunt.

This damned amsteel bridge on the method 2 tightens so much that I'm just leaving it long and putting on a second short bridge for the climb this season. Less fiddling overall.

Back