• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

One stick climbers

JWS

I started fiddling around with single stick climbing a couple weeks ago and couldn't believe how easy and quick it actually was. I have been practicing in straight trees with no issues. Last night I picked a little bit of funky tree in my backyard that has a big hook to it and couldn't believe how much harder it was. Any tips for leaning/crooked trees or is it just best to avoid them and climb telephone poles?

Stay on the top side. Plan ahead...it can be tricky to work your way off of the downside of a leaning tree.

I tried one on purpose climbing with just one aider and no stick. It can be done but I was tired

Stay on the top side. Plan ahead...it can be tricky to work your way off of the downside of a leaning tree.

I tried one on purpose climbing with just one aider and no stick. It can be done but I was tired
I tried stick on topside and found it difficult to swing back and get my feet into the aiders. Thinking maybe I've got to try smaller movements and keep my body and the stick on the topside without swinging to the side.

Back