• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

OOAL Mini Shikars

Bowtie747

SH Member
Anyone climb with these? I’m mainly looking for someone who climbs with them as sticks not a one sticking setup. If these are decent steps they are tiny, could fit into a backpack. I’d drop weight off my sticks and then drop weight by going to a smaller pack.

Have you found them to be true to weight? Any reason you don’t just climb down? Thanks!

Trying to hang the aider on the descent is more difficult than setting it on the ascent. Rappelling is safer, gives more control and simpler to perform in the dark.

Back