• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Packing sticks inside the Guido's Web

jhicks54

When Butch told me to try packing my Muddy sticks inside the fold of the Web, I was skeptical. But it works really well! I attached 2 paracord loops on each bridge connection to hang the sticks while climbing. I went from packed up at the base of my tree to arrow on the string ready to hunt in under 10 minutes.

5830400227d0beb1bec7cc09fe030103.jpg

Looks good. Im betting my Lone Wolfs will stick out too far for my liking.

The Lone Wolf Minis fit well too. I've been climbing with one stick lately. If I'm only taking the web, I use 1 small muddy or lone wolf with a 2 tubular webbing steps on tail.

If I have my filming stuff (usually), I use a single 3 step muddy with a single tubular webbing step. The web and stick are strapped to my backpack on the with my filming stuff.

Re:

BassBoysLLP said:
The Lone Wolf Minis fit well too. I've been climbing with one stick lately. If I'm only taking the web, I use 1 small muddy or lone wolf with a 2 tubular webbing steps on tail.

If I have my filming stuff (usually), I use a single 3 step muddy with a single tubular webbing step. The web and stick are strapped to my backpack on the with my filming stuff.

Curious why you swap the single stick when taking your filming gear? I havent tried a single stick climb and actually have been looking to pick up a single mini stick. Maybe Id be best to use one of my long lw sticks?

The smaller sticks pack a lot nicer into the web. The smaller stick is more challenging to climb with the longer webbing stirrup/smaller stick. The smaller stick is also less stable as your primary platform. A good double step is a spectacular platform. I often don't need other steps when using the double step to hunt completsly around the tree.

The problem with the bigger step is the size. If you put it horizontally into the web, it snags on brush. Carrying it is an option but I prefer one free hand especially when walking in rough terrain. I'm already carrying a horn hunter mainbeam pack when I'm filming, so I strap the web and stick to the pack.

Here is a suggestion, carry the ladder sticks standing up in the web so you want bang on trees and other obstacles. Plus you want be banging your bow, gun or arms on the sticks.

Autumnrider said:
Here is a suggestion, carry the ladder sticks standing up in the web so you want bang on trees and other obstacles. Plus you want be banging your bow, gun or arms on the sticks.

I've done this. Its my favorite way to carry 1-2 mini sticks. The bigger sticks still snag high when hunched over and if you aren't careful in positioning they'll slap you in the back of the head. :oops:

Back