• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Permethrin on your Scent loc??

LtMoe66

SH Member
Who use’s permethrin on their Scent Loc clothing??? Have you noticed a difference?

I haven’t had any problems. I’ve had several guys argue it defeats the purpose. But like I’ve said before, I don’t use ScentLoc for total odor control , I use it so that it may help if wind switches and I need that extra moment. I still play the wind!

I put permethrin on everything clothes, packs, saddle... and have not noticed a difference with getting busted. I wear scent loc and other scent control clothing for back up against wind shift not as a soul means to stay hidden. Movement is your biggest enemy with deer. Ticks are our biggest enemies and I will pass on a deer to not get Lyme or other tick sickness.

I do with no problems. It dries odorless and you can recharge your clothes once it dries. Scentlok told me it wasn’t an issue.
I like hearing that. I had been considering getting a light under-layer to spray with permethrin and wear under my Scentlok for the first couple weeks of the season.

Being one who has had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, I can say with 100% sincerity you don't want to get it. I went to the doctor within a few days of my tick bite and we got started with treatment. At that point I had no symptoms, just swelling and redness around the bite. Doctor said it was the mildest case he'd ever seen because we caught it so fast. It was worse than when I had Covid, and for twice as long. My Covid was bad enough I left a fishing trip in Canada early.

She
I like hearing that. I had been considering getting a light under-layer to spray with permethrin and wear under my Scentlok for the first couple weeks of the season.

Being one who has had Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, I can say with 100% sincerity you don't want to get it. I went to the doctor within a few days of my tick bite and we got started with treatment. At that point I had no symptoms, just swelling and redness around the bite. Doctor said it was the mildest case he'd ever seen because we caught it so fast. It was worse than when I had Covid, and for twice as long. My Covid was bad enough I left a fishing trip in Canada early.
Sheesh, that sux man.
I do a soak of all my hunting clothes. The county I hunt in has the highest rate of Lyme disease in VA so I take no chances. I called Scentlok and asked them. They said yup even a soak is no problem, just let the clothes thoroughly dry and then throw them in the dryer to recharge and you’re gtg. Dunno how ozone would effect permethrin tho

Back