• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Petzl Podium or equivalent prolonged suspension seat?

gcr0003

SH Member
Came across this somehow while searching for something else. They run ~$125 from what I saw. I like that it is wider than your legs so that its not possible to pinch your legs or thighs. I think this would be similar to a DIY preacher seat but fancier. Has anyone tried something like this? I haven't looked into different brands but this looks especially interesting. What do ya'll think?

petzl PODIUM

1604606086386.png

I am not sure how rigid the flat piece is though. It may not keep the seat apart at all.

Preacher seats and treesuits are quite comfy. I actually think they'd be more comfortable than a bosun's chair like that.

Have you seen the thread I started with the Bob Sheppard video? It's the best look I've ever seen at his "homemade stand." I think if you're ok with the extra bulk, it's probably the best design I've seen for comfort and safety. Kinda a jx3 lite.

Preacher seats and treesuits are quite comfy. I actually think they'd be more comfortable than a bosun's chair like that.

Have you seen the thread I started with the Bob Sheppard video? It's the best look I've ever seen at his "homemade stand." I think if you're ok with the extra bulk, it's probably the best design I've seen for comfort and safety. Kinda a jx3 lite.
Yea exactly, just a production made preacher seat that has less bulk than a JX3 or preacher seat. If you had the climbing harness that goes with this you could use this seat as a linemans belt and have everything you need. It's like a fancier sitdrag.

1604606757552.png

Yall check this out. I am losing my mind over here a little bit.

It’s really a bulk/weight/comfort ratio and unfortunately the evo was more bulk and weight and not enough comfort for me haha.
Gotcha. So you're going from the fleece saddle you used to have to a manufactured hammock seat or a semi-rigid seat with a pad on it?

Gcr0003 don't do nuttin for more than about 3 days. He's worse than me!

Only constant in his life is ridiculously provocatively cut shorts...

You’re just upset I covered these beautiful man thighs this past weekend. Featuring the longest shorts I’ve ever worn courtesy of @swampsnyper
44DDC121-C938-46D9-A663-BCCBC2986A21.jpeg

Gotcha. So you're going from the fleece saddle you used to have to a manufactured hammock seat or a semi-rigid seat with a pad on it?
You can’t even understand the complexity of never ending trials of saddles ive had. I’ll make a flow chart for you in another thread. Haha

using this for my JX3

using this for my JX3

Did you take the boat mounting base off of it? I’ve thought about this as well.

Reactions: RLM
using this for my JX3

Did you ever get that put together.

Back