• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Picked up a new Knife today

bigjoe

So I had the itch for a new knife. I usually carry a pocket knife, even when I am deer hunting as a back up. I bought a Benchmade Griptilian, which has a modified drop point. Almost to a clip point, so best of both worlds.

I have a mini griptilian that I like a lot. My new EDC is a leather man skeletool which is also very handy. Can’t go wrong with a good quality pocket knife!!

I love my mini grip. And, I love it even more with aftermarket scales.

What has finally scratched my pocket knife itch for a while is my carbon fiber bugout. This thing absolutely disappears in my pocket. I I forget it's even there.

Attachments

• 20210608_193009.jpg
    20210608_193009.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 50
My wife bought me a D2 griptilion for my b-day 11 years ago...I've carried it everyday since then up until recently. I want to hand it down to my son so I retired it a month or 2 ago...not sure what blade.material u got but my blade likes a 30 degree bevel...

Screenshot_20210608-213822_(1).png

I have been using a Benchmade mini Osborne as my EDC

F60A3D93-BA62-4D46-BA17-6C2F61C2843D.jpeg

Benchmades are the best, I'll take this as a friendly reminder that I should go buy another one!

Was looking a while back at Benchmade and Spyderco - still have not decided, let us know how you like it.
Benchmade makes awesome blades, but I think Spyderco offers a better value on two EDC options in particular: the Dragonfly 2 ($70) and the Chaparral ($95). The Dragonfly 2 is a great fidget-factor knife, and it’s what I reach for more than anything else.
If price isn’t a huge factor for you, the Benchmade Bugout and Mini Griptillian series are great knives, too!

I've gone a bit benchmade nuts in the last couple weeks. Bought a griptilian (really like the modified sheepsfoot blade) and ordered a set of scales from deathgripscales the next day....fast forward 5 days and then i bought an osborne 940-1, the s90 with carbon fiber scales. I think I am developing a problem.

Spyderco also has a line of steel call "H1" and it's the closest thing to a rustless blade I have found. I have the Pacific Salt and a buddy has the Salt Saver and both are amazing blades. I can wade in saltwater all weekend and not wash it until Monday and the blade has zero corrosion.

Back