• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Picked up a stepp ladder

mlawrence125

Nov 12, 2017
Made a point to stop by the Wild edge booth at the great American outdoor show today. Just intended on checking them out and visiting as I was set on ordering some sticks. Well after seeing the stepps first hand, camming them over and seeing how they held up to side loads, I walked away with a set of 10 and an aider. Andrew is a great guy, very helpful and even took the time to show me the knot and some tips. Looking forward to messing around with these this off season and to get in the tree this fall. I highly recommend you check them out if you haven't already.

Mike

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Babshaft

Oct 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Awesome man! I’ve got 3 of them and am thinking about getting more. I’m really liking Cain’s climbing metho even if I only get to practice with 3.

Did you happen to ask Andrew about a platform option? If not would you mind asking @Deerslayer31 ? Just curious how that’s coming along and if there’s any additional info about it: ie size, material etc.

Thanks

mlawrence125

Nov 12, 2017
Awesome man! I’ve got 3 of them and am thinking about getting more. I’m really liking Cain’s climbing metho even if I only get to practice with 3.

Did you happen to ask Andrew about a platform option? If not would you mind asking @Deerslayer31 ? Just curious how that’s coming along and if there’s any additional info about it: ie size, material etc.

Thanks
They have a set of 5 that is primarily going to be marketed as a platform solution I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Babshaft

Deerslayer31

Jan 2, 2018
Ok guys I talked to the owner today at the show when I bought a set of steps. First off I have to say they were so nice to talk to we discussed everything about saddle hunting and the platforms. He explained that he has been trying so many different things for the platform, and that he has come up with a awesome platform that will attach right to his steps. I asked about weight and he explained that he didn’t want to discuss it and have information out just in case it is a little different but it won’t be heavy and the way it’s going to hook on is going to be awesome. Hopefully it will be available right around summer time. I also talked to xop guys and they are going to be coming out with a platform for us guys but they would not talk about it to much and that should be available by hunting season. Hopefully we have some new platforms for hunting season.

bigjoe

Jan 10, 2015
VA
Thank you for the report. Good to know that companies are starting to take saddle hunting seriously.

Babshaft

Oct 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ok guys I talked to the owner today at the show when I bought a set of steps. First off I have to say they were so nice to talk to we discussed everything about saddle hunting and the platforms. He explained that he has been trying so many different things for the platform, and that he has come up with a awesome platform that will attach right to his steps. I asked about weight and he explained that he didn’t want to discuss it and have information out just in case it is a little different but it won’t be heavy and the way it’s going to hook on is going to be awesome. Hopefully it will be available right around summer time. I also talked to xop guys and they are going to be coming out with a platform for us guys but they would not talk about it to much and that should be available by hunting season. Hopefully we have some new platforms for hunting season.

Right on man, I really appreciate you asking. Awesome stuff.

My bank account is going to suffer heavily this summer. SH platform, Stepp platform and hopefully Dan’s sticks...

Thanks again slayer!

Reactions: bigjoe

Deerslayer31

Jan 2, 2018
Yes it looks like all of the sudden we are going to be bombarded with choices with all the talk of different guys making them

mlawrence125

Nov 12, 2017
Andrew is a big time saddle hunter so I would bet the platform that wild edge comes out with will be awesome. I'd imagine it would attach similar to how their bow holder does. At least thats how I picture it.

Babshaft

Oct 30, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Andrew is a big time saddle hunter so I would bet the platform that wild edge comes out with will be awesome. I'd imagine it would attach similar to how their bow holder does. At least thats how I picture it.

Ya man and it doesn’t look like he’s rushing anything either. It looks like he’s going to put out a good product. I’m hoping for it. I haven’t decided between sticks or steps yet, but if that platform works out it’ll seal the deal for me.

Apex7

SH Member
Jan 6, 2017
Pittsburgh Pa
I bought a set of 8 with bag an aider. Then I ordered 2 more steps with a bag that fits 10 steps. The first order came in 4 days and the second one came in a week. What service and a great product .